Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Manageability Stack Library on Windows Mobile

Trevor_Sullivan
Beginner
Hello,

I tried to load the Manageability Stack library into a C# Windows Mobile application a few months ago and encountered some issues with dependencies on classes that only exist in the non-Mobile version of the Microsoft .NET Framework.

Has any consideration been given to Windows Mobile application developers during the development of the Intel AMT DTK? I am very impressed with the AMT DTK, and a lot of thought has gone into it, but mobile app developers are kind of stuck.

The only alternatives I could think of at this point would be to either:

1) Write a new class library that implements a subset of features of the Manageability Stack library
2) Write an ASP.NET web service wrapper around some of the functionality offered in the Manageability Stack library, and expose it to mobile devices via IIS

Any other ideas / thoughts / comments / input? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan
Systems Engineer
OfficeMax Corporation
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - Trevor Sullivan
Hello,

I tried to load the Manageability Stack library into a C# Windows Mobile application a few months ago and encountered some issues with dependencies on classes that only exist in the non-Mobile version of the Microsoft .NET Framework.

Has any consideration been given to Windows Mobile application developers during the development of the Intel AMT DTK? I am very impressed with the AMT DTK, and a lot of thought has gone into it, but mobile app developers are kind of stuck.

The only alternatives I could think of at this point would be to either:

1) Write a new class library that implements a subset of features of the Manageability Stack library
2) Write an ASP.NET web service wrapper around some of the functionality offered in the Manageability Stack library, and expose it to mobile devices via IIS

Any other ideas / thoughts / comments / input? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan
Systems Engineer
OfficeMax Corporation

Hi Trevor - somehow I missed this question last week. I'm commenting here to move it back up to the top of the queue.
0 Kudos