Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Need harddisk information using Intel AMT Technology

varunlohia
Beginner
Hi All,
My requirement is to get harddisk information such as

Start/Stop Count, Reallocated Sector Count, Seek Error Rate, Seek Time Performance, Power On Hours Count etc.

This is to be done using Intel AMT feature.My doubt is whether some thing is to be change in ME firmware or just i have to call API's to get information.I don't have clear picture regarding
Intel AMT on client side ,I reffered to many documents but still not able to figure it out.

Your suggestions are most welcome.

Regards,

Varun

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Hello Varun,
Intel AMT is not designed to be used for the information that you are looking for (performance measurements.) The Discovery / Hardware Asset useage is for determining what are the physical characteristics of the devices that are on your system - that the system has these devices and some other information associated with the devices. I do know that you can get the information you are looking for, but not from Intel AMT. I'm sorry I can't help you here. Maybe some of our other developers know where to direct you.
Gael
0 Kudos
varunlohia
Beginner
Thanks Gael, I got your point.
Please if you can explain how request from console is bieng processed on
client(AMT) system.My doubt is whether ME firmware has enough to handle it or there
is interface between console application and MEFW.
Varun
0 Kudos
varunlohia
Beginner
Hi All,

Not able to find out ISV Storage library in latest AMT SDK (Intel_AMT_8_SDK_Gold4197 ).
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
The samples are in the following folder: \Intel_AMT_8_SDK_Gold4197\IntelAMT8SDK\Windows\Intel_AMT\Samples\WS-Management
There are two folders: Storage and StorageAdmininstration - you should be able to build the librarys from the sample code.
0 Kudos