Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Problem with intel ME password

killerpapy
Beginner
Hello world!

I'm french so sorry for my english.

I have a laptop (Toshiba TECRA A10) using Intel ME and i have forgot my password.

The solution is here http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2008/01/09/i-forgot-my-me-password/ but i think where i can find jumper on a laptop ?

Thanks a lot !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jacace
New Contributor I
I faced the same problem sometime ago and I had to go toDell suport (because myAMT machineis Dell). They told me I had to manually close a circuit on the base board (using a jumper), so they sent me a diagram to illustrate the procedure. Maybe you need to contact the manufacturer of your PC so they can give you specific steps.

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis
0 Kudos
killerpapy
Beginner
Thanks for answer.

I have contacted TOSHIBA support and i have to send the laptop to the support with 100 (The warranty does not support this issue.)

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Do you have an option to disable AMT in the Bios? If you could get your system back to Factory mode, that would reset the ME password back to "admin". Also, if you can figure out where the system's cmos battery is and take it out for 20 seconds (and then put it all back together again) this would reset the passwordback to "admin" as well.
0 Kudos