Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SCS 1.2 questions

adrianfreemantle
Beginner

Hi,

I have been experimenting with the SCS 1.2 server and have a few questions regarding it.

1. I have the source code for the console version and was wandering if it is possible tod obtain the source for the 1.2 version as well?

2. Can the SCS only work with a MS SQL server or is it possible to use other SQL servers such as Firebird, Oracle or postgreSQL?

3. Is the use of certificatesand kerberosauthentication compulsory in enterprise mode or are they optional?

4. The AMT clients always use a specific name when searching for the SCS server on the network, is it possible to change this setting via the USB configuration setup process?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fred29210
Beginner

1. I have the source code for the console version and was wandering if it is possible to obtain the source for the 1.2 version as well?

I am reading that as you have a previous version of the source code. The SCS 1.2 download has the source code included with it.

2. Can the SCS only work with a MS SQL server or is it possible to use other SQL servers such as Firebird, Oracle or postgreSQL?

???

3. Is the use of certificatesand kerberosauthentication compulsory in enterprise mode or are they optional?

In my use of the SCS the only required certificate is the Server certificate to gain access to the SCS console. I don't believe kerberos is required.

4. The AMT clients always use a specific name when searching for the SCS server on the network, is it possible to change this setting via the USB configuration setup process?

No. The USB key only has the triplet, Password/PID/PPS. The ProvisionServer name it looks for is coded in the firmware I believe. You will need to setup a pointer in DNS to your server.

0 Kudos
adrianfreemantle
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The 1.2 version only includes the source code for the console, not for the actual SCS server, it is this source code that i am interested in obtaining.

0 Kudos
fred29210
Beginner

From the manual:

"The Intel AMT database requires Microsoft* SQL Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, or Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (SQL Server Express)."

I dont know if it helps you out, but...

The AMTConfServer.exe doesn't install much. Justthe DB, Windows Service and SOAP API. In addition, the install contains sample sources for all of the APIs defined in the Intel AMT Setup and Configuration Service. Also, most of the work is done by the console.

0 Kudos