Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SCS 5.0 Integrated Windows Authentication

jacace
New Contributor I

Hi there,

I needaccessing SCS 5.0 Web Servicesprogramatically from a computer which is not part of SCS Active Directory Group, so I added by code the rigth credential with granted access, something like this:

NetworkCredential

netCred = new NetworkCredential("ScsActiveDirectoryUserName","ScsActiveDirectoryUserPassword");

MyService.Credentials=netCred;

MyService.PreAuthenticate=true;

but I got an unauthorized exception. What's wrong?

Many Thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi Javier,
We have escalated this question to the SCS support. Will get back to you as soon as we hear from them.
Thanks,
Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hi Javier,
We have escalated this question to the SCS support. Will get back to you as soon as we hear from them.
Thanks,
Sree

Hello Sree,

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi Javier,

Let us know how it goes.

BTW, here is the response that we got from the SCS support on your Network Credentials question:

We think you can try the following:

1. Use the machine where SCS is installed. Open Administrative Tools -Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager - Expend Web Sites tree.

2. Right click the AMTSCS / AMTSCS_RCFG web site (the name may be different depending on your installation process). Click Properties - choose Directory Security tab - click Edit in the Authentication and access control section.

3. Check the Digest Authentication check box (leave Integrated Windows Authentication checked)

4. Click OK.

Could you check this and get back to us?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello Sree,
I have followed the given steps andI still can not access the SCS Web Service by code.
I'm gettingthis Exception:"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.".
When I tried to access the SCS Web Servicevia Internet ExplorerIt appeared a Login Window and if I use the same username and passwordI'musing by code I can access (and I can see a gsoap error message).
The URL I used in Internet Explorer is (which one is the same I setup with code):
Many thanks,
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
I forgot to mention that if Iaccess the Web Service by host name ONLY (https://TFSRTM/amtscs/mod_gsoap.dll?services)I got this Exception:

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

I think when I access it by host nameONLY Microsoft .Net Framework accepts the certificate cause HTTPS request matches the "issued to" certificate server name.
Thanks a lot,
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello Sree,
It's just to know if I need to provide further information?
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi,
We are working on this. Will get back to you soon.
Thanks,
Sree

0 Kudos
Randal_T_Intel
Employee
Try the following
MyService.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Try the following
MyService.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;

Hello Randal,

I tried it and I got the same exception: "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.".

I also tried with CredentialCache.DefaultCredential I got the same.

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Javier,

I haven't tried this yet so I'm not sure if it will help, but have you tried creating the NetworkCredential object with the username, password, and domain? Most of the examples in MSDN about NetworkCredential use the constructor with all three, so it seems like it'd be worth trying. Given that you're calling from a system that isn't part of the domain, specifying the domain name seems reasonable.

Andy

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello there,
Anyidea?
Thanks,
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello everybody,
I'm still getting the same error.
Any idea?
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello there,
Any idea?
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello there,
Any idea?
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello there,
Any idea?
Javier Andrs
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello there,
Any idea?
Javier Andrs
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello there,
By some reason I cannot see the last post added to this thread but in the new one opened by Andrew (http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=61232) We solved the issue.
What we did it was to disable HTTPS to verify the code execution and it worked! so I'am actually checking the SCS console code to veiry howsecure connections aresetup in client machine forenablingHTTPS again.
Thanks a lot,
Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hello there,
By some reason I cannot see the last post added to this thread but in the new one opened by Andrew (http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=61232) We solved the issue.
What we did it was to disable HTTPS to verify the code execution and it worked! so I'am actually checking the SCS console code to veiry howsecure connections aresetup in client machine forenablingHTTPS again.
Thanks a lot,
Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

Test Test

0 Kudos