Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SKU, 2066 error

gennadiy
Beginner
Version AMT is 5.0.1
SKU is 18494(0x483E)
How I udestand documentation 0x483E=iQST + TPM + ASF + Intel AMT Pro + Intel Standard Manageability.
And this configurationsupported by Intel AMT Pro SKU.
When I call functions GeneralInfoService.GetAuditPolicy or GeneralInfoService.GetAuditLogStatus I got error N 2066(The requested configuration is unsupported). Why I got this error?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - gennadiy
Version AMT is 5.0.1
SKU is 18494(0x483E)
How I udestand documentation 0x483E=iQST + TPM + ASF + Intel AMT Pro + Intel Standard Manageability.
And this configurationsupported by Intel AMT Pro SKU.
When I call functions GeneralInfoService.GetAuditPolicy or GeneralInfoService.GetAuditLogStatus I got error N 2066(The requested configuration is unsupported). Why I got this error?

Hi gennadiy,
Can you tell us what CPU ID your system is running? I'm looking for a number that looks like: E4700 or a Processor name that looks something like: "Intel Core2Duo E4000 Series."

It looks like your system is equipped with an upgradeable CPU (Standard Manageability (5.0)has the same features as Intel AMT 3.2 (no Audit Log)) - this CPU can be upgraded to Intel AMT 5.0. Has this system been upgraded to 5.0?

Thanks,
Gael
0 Kudos
gennadiy
Beginner

Hi gennadiy,
Can you tell us what CPU ID your system is running? I'm looking for a number that looks like: E4700 or a Processor name that looks something like: "Intel Core2Duo E4000 Series."

It looks like your system is equipped with an upgradeable CPU (Standard Manageability (5.0)has the same features as Intel AMT 3.2 (no Audit Log)) - this CPU can be upgraded to Intel AMT 5.0. Has this system been upgraded to 5.0?

Thanks,
Gael
Hi Gael,
This is information about my CPU
ID: 7A 06 01 00 FF FB EB BF
Version: Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
Where I can get upgrade forAMT 5.0 and where is tools for upgrading?
Thanks,
Gennadiy.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi gennadiy,

Thanks,
Gael

Hi Again,

I am curious - where did you get this system? It was my understanding that our OEMs were not selling these upgradeable systems yet... Are you an Intel Reseller?

I will get back to you regarding your other question soon.

Gael
0 Kudos
gennadiy
Beginner

Hi Again,

I am curious - where did you get this system? It was my understanding that our OEMs were not selling these upgradeable systems yet... Are you an Intel Reseller?

I will get back to you regarding your other question soon.

Gael
Hi Gael,
I have bought system in Ukraine. I am not Intel Reseller.
Gennadiy.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - gennadiy
Hi Gael,
Gennadiy.

Hi Gennadiy,

I have found out that we can only do upgrades in the US and Canada at this time. Your system as it ishas the full AMT 3.2 feature set. The Start Here Guide has a list of features for each version of Intel AMT (the full listing of features from earlier versions are listed in an appendix.)I'm also attaching the versions.txt file out of the SDK - it also shows all the AMT versions and their differences.

If you were really hoping to have a full AMT 5.0 feature set, you may want to talk to your distributor and see if there is anything you can do regarding getting a CPU that supports AMT 5.0 (The 8400 CPUs and higher support the full AMT 5.0 capability and you must have the Q45 Chipset, which your system should have.) Here is a linkthat has a pretty good list of vPro systems (the ones that do not require upgrading.)
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - gennadiy
Hi Gael,
Gennadiy.

Hi Gennadiy,

I have found out that we can only do upgrades in the US and Canada at this time. Your system as it ishas the full AMT 3.2 feature set. The Start Here Guide has a list of features for each version of Intel AMT (the full listing of features from earlier versions are listed in an appendix.)I'm also attaching the versions.txt file out of the SDK - it also shows all the AMT versions and their differences.

If you were really hoping to have a full AMT 5.0 feature set, you may want to talk to your distributor and see if there is anything you can do regarding getting a CPU that supports AMT 5.0 You must have the Q45 Chipset, which your system should have. Here is a linkthat has a pretty good list of vPro systems (the ones that do not require upgrading.)
0 Kudos
gennadiy
Beginner

Hi Gennadiy,

If you were really hoping to have a full AMT 5.0 feature set, you may want to talk to your distributor and see if there is anything you can do regarding getting a CPU that supports AMT 5.0 You must have the Q45 Chipset, which your system should have. Here is a linkthat has a pretty good list of vPro systems (the ones that do not require upgrading.)
Hi Gael,
Thank you for your help. I will upgrade my system to full AMT 5.0.
Gennadiy.
0 Kudos