Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SOL disconnects when "Remote Reboot to BIOS Setup"

jloor
Beginner
Hello Everyone,

I have this issue that is driving me crazy. I have (2) computers with the same like hardware with a DQ57TM.

On one of the computers, when I "Remote Reboot to BIOS Setup" using the "Manageability Commander Tool" the SOL disconnects. I have the lates .37 Bios installed, locally provisioned. If I turn the computer off completely I can ping the box and reconnect the MCT. If I turn on the computer, once I'm in BIOS, no go. Very strange and very frustrating. The other computer works just fine.

Any thoughts?

Mobo: DQ57TM ver: AAE70931-303
AMT Ver: 6.1.1.1045
Bios: TMIBX10H.86A.0037.2010.0528.1504

PS. I have also tried setting a static IP address and itstill disconnects the SOL connection once it remotes to bios.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Loor
jloor@localbattles.com
0 Kudos
3 Replies
THOMAS_P_Intel1
Employee
Jonathan,
If you are truly doing everything exactly the same on each system (and they are identical OEM, model and BIOS/firmware), then it doesn't seem you are doing anything wrong since one system works fine. I suggest that you file a support request with your OEM on the system that is not working.

Thanks,
Tom
0 Kudos
THOMAS_P_Intel1
Employee
Jonathan,
It came to my attention that Intel may be the OEM here (if you purchased the board independently). You can file support requests at http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm?group=desktop.

Thanks,
Tom
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Jonathan,

Have you tried doing a CMOS clear on the system that isn't working? Sometimes I find that if I'm getting strange behaviors it helps. Also, you might try reflashing with the latest firmware. I have also found that sometimes that helps (although I can't tell you why...)

--Gael
0 Kudos