Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SOL doesn`t work in BIOS?

wzx725725
Beginner

Hello, everyone

I am just wondering Why SOL doesn`t work when I use DTK connect to a machine already in BIOS. When debugging DTK, The result of IMR_SOLOpenTCPSession is successful, after a while, IMR_SOLReceiveText returns IMR_SESSION_CLOSED.

But after I use DTK to reboot machine to BIOS again. It is there!

Can anyone give a explanation or clue?

Thanks,

Wallace.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

I have noticed the same thing... This is got to be a firmware issue, or the IMRSDK.dll is not receiving it's heartbeat in time and disconnecting. Regardless, it's really annoying. I generally hit disconnect and connect again in the terminal. I sometimes wonder if it has anything to do with the new Intel AMT SDK HotFix 1, ever since I changed to the new IMRSDK.dll, I have been seeing this. There is also nothing I can do on the DTK side, except maybe change the timeouts values in IMRSDK.dll...

In summary, I have seen this and I am stumped. Can you send over your Computer/BIOS/Firmware version?

Ylian
(Intel AMT Blog)

0 Kudos
wzx725725
Beginner

Thanks for your answer.

My computer is Dell optiplex 755 with AMT version 3.0.2. I can only get the BIOS version is A01.

BTW, does intel intend to support this feature?

0 Kudos