Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Un-Provision button or function in AMT Commander?

ludigel
Beginner
A customer of ours (we are a hardware manufacturer) claims he would get a lockup of his AMT Commander application if he would use the "Un-provision button" of AMT Commander.

We were trying to reproduce this, BUT to my knowledge AMT Commander has no such button, I could not find it anywhere. However, I do know that AMT Director has such a button (and everything works fine there in my test setup).

But as the customer is kind of insisting about Un-Provisioning function or button of AMT-Commander I'd like to know if such thing exists (and where to find it).

Thanks a lot...

Clarification: we are making an industrial PC which has AMT function, the customer is connecting another PC as AMT console, having AMT Commander and is experiencing the lockup on the system with AMT Commander, according to his claims.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

we are working on this question.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi there,

Are you saying that the Management Console (ie the NON AMT system is locking up?) You are right, it would be the AMT Director that would have an option to unprovision as the whole functionality of the AMT Director is to provision AMT systems. This would have nothing to do with the AMT Commander. Is it possible that that they are connected to the AMT system via the AMT Commander while they are trying to do an un-provision through AMT Director? Maybe there is an issue with having an active connection while unprovisioning?

While we try to find Ylian, who might be able to answer this question more quickly, could you provide the following information?

What version of AMT is the system? What version of AMT Commander/Director? Describe the environment when the lock-up is occurring? What OS's, what versions of AMT, etc.... which system is locking up? AMT? Management console?

We apologize for the Delay! :-)

0 Kudos
ludigel
Beginner

"Are you saying that the Management Console (ie the NON AMT system is locking up?)"

---------> Unfortunately the feedback from the customer is not too clear at this early stage. Our engineer talking to the customer is trying to get a precise repro procedure and error description. Right now there is a lot room for interpretation, but I seems to me at this point that the NON-AMT system or maybe only the AMT-Commander application is locking up.

"You are right, it would be the AMT Director that would have an option to unprovision as the whole functionality of the AMT Director is to provision AMT systems. This would have nothing to do with the AMT Commander."

-------------> I think so too, which is why we are waiting for a detailed procedure from customer.

" Is it possible that that they are connected to the AMT system via the AMT Commander while they are trying to do an un-provision through AMT Director? Maybe there is an issue with having an active connection while unprovisioning?"

-------------> That was my idea too and I tried it out but did not get a real problem. Well, AMT-Commander gave me a window saying it run into an exception and I should report this error to Intel at some point (when I had previously unvprovioned with AMT Director and then tried some function on AMT-Commander), but AMT-Commander did not hang. So that behaviour was fine with me.

"While we try to find Ylian, who might be able to answer this question more quickly, could you provide the following information?

What version of AMT is the system? What version of AMT Commander/Director? Describe the environment when the lock-up is occurring? What OS's, what versions of AMT, etc.... which system is locking up? AMT? Management console?"

-------------------> Right, let me gather more info from the customer. Thanks a lot for your advice.

0 Kudos