Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Using F10 with a remote PC

postaquestion
Beginner

When I remotely access theBIOS through SMS, I have to press F10 to exit. I have not found any options to send the F10 command to the remote pc.

Can you provide me with the correct keys, or where I can locate the setup for this in the SMS server?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you provide us more details about the version of AMT, BIOS and the OEM vendor information? What version of SMS Add-on you are using? I am assuming that you are connected to a PC through a SOL session using Intel SMS Add-on. Does the machine enter into BIOS when you reboot? If the remote machine boots into BIOS screen, the F10 key on the local keyboard is not working for you?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
tterry
Beginner

Thanks for the response.

The system being used is an HP6910 and the AMT version is 2.5. I have no idea which version of SMS add-on was being used.

I can remotely access the bios, navigate and make changes, highlight save and exit but when it says press f10 to exit, I can find no option for this. I know with Commander, you can use a sequence of keys to make f10 work, but I see no option for this in SMS.

0 Kudos
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Glad to hear that some things worked. Are you trying this on wired or wireless interface? SMS Add-on does not support wireless interface. Please contact SMS Add-on support folks from this page - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-client-manageability-add-on-for-microsoft-sms-2003. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos