Sorry, please let me correct from d) Family Intel Core i7 CPU M 620 Processor to d) Family Intel Core i7 Processor as for WebUI case of 9).
Hi, I have found some wrong and mismatched hardware asset info between on Manageability Commander Tool v7.0.11161.2 (AMT Commander) and on WebUI. SUT is a Calpella machine.
Are below 1) to 3) and 7) to 9) all AMT Commander s bug and below 4) to 6) expected behavior?
1) AMT Commander> Hardware Asset> System Motherboard shows 'Asset Tag CIM_Card' while WEBUI> System Information> Base Board> Asset tag shows blank.
2) AMT Commander> Hardware Asset> System Motherboard shows Replaceable is 'Unknown' while WEBUI> System Information> Base Board shows Replaceable is 'No'. 3) AMT Commander> Hardware Asset> System BIOS> Release Date shows 2011-11-11T00:00:00Z while WEBUI> System Information> BIOS> Release date shows 11/11/2011.
4) AMT Commander> Hardware Asset> System BIOS> Characteristics doesnt show such features as floppy services, Print Screen service, and etc. that WEBUI> System Information> BIOS> Supported functions does.
5) AMT Commander> Hardware Asset> Media Device shows Max Media Size is 160 Gigabytes while WEBUI> Disk Information> Disk1 shows Size is 152627MB.
6) AMT Commander> Hardware Asset> Media Device shows Supported Capabilities, e.g. Removable Media feature set, but WEBUI> Disk Information> Disk1 doesn't.
7) AMT Commander> Hardware Asset> System Memory shows Speed is 1 Megahertz while WEBUI> Memory Information> Module 1 shows Speed is 533 MHz.
8) AMT Commander> Hardware Asset> Computer System shows UUID is '00530035-2345-6781-0081-aa0053aa0035' while WEBUI> System Information> Platform shows System ID is '35005300-4523-8167-2345-aa0053aa0035'.
9) AMT Commander> Hardware Asset> System Processor shows a) Socket Designation (Null), b) Identifier 0, c) Socket Populated True, d) Family 198, while WEBUI> Processor Information> Processor 1 shows a) Socket Onboard, b) ID 13829424153406604882, c) Populated? Yes, d) Family Intel Core i7 CPU M 620 Processor.
1) Connect SUT and Console via wired LAN with HUB.
2) Configure AMT via MEBx on SUT with PP2.
3) Connect SUT and Console via WebUI.
4) Connect SUT and Console via Manageability Commander Tool v7.0.11161.2 on Console.
5) Check and compare both hardware asset information shown on WebUI and on Manageability Commander Tool.
Thank you for your reply and valuable comments.
My purpose is to send this phenomenon to the DTK development team and to ask if they are expected behaviors and if not, to ask if they are AMT Commanders bugs.
I read the sentence Please direct any questions about the DTK to the ISN Manageability Community Forum. at its download page (http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-the-latest-version-of-manageability-developer-tool-kit/). However this Intel vPro Software Development page was shown when I clicked the thumbnail and I couldnt find Manageability Community Forum from the forum pull down menu of the create thread page. So I posted the thread to this forum. If I missed the forum selection, I have to apologize. Please tell me the correct forum I should post on.
Anyway thank you for your kindness to forward my post to the team that handles that tool. If I should do next, for example, repost at the correct forum or send the bug report directly to some in-change person, please teach me.
I have to apologize for the description mismatched. It may be unmatched properly and unmatched may be natural because apples and oranges are different.
I know WebUI is an Intel recommended tool and AMT Commander is a non- recommended tool for official use. However AMT Commander is a convenient tool for me and I know some ISV added it in their management software though I am not sure the added is customized or derived from SDK. So I am concerned with the quality of the latest AMT Commander though I know it is an example.
As for 9), the latest AMT Commander is published on June 13, 2011 by the download page info and the system (SUT) I checked is a Calpella machine that means a 2010 model. So it feels that it can have all of the Calpella machines processor information and display it.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you for your reply and comments. As for 8), I agree the presentation of the system UUID is correct in the WebUI.
Best regards, tokazaki3.
Thanks for your reply and valuable advice. I have checked with the latest the "open source" version of the Developer's toolkit, Management Commander Tool Mesh Edition v0.0.78 but it shows the same except for below:
4) System BIOS> Characteristics has changed not even to show such features as floppy services, Print Screen service, and only to show 0x0.
5) Media Device> Max Media Size has changed from 160 Gigabytes to 152 Megabytes.
So the asset data never looks to come to be correct. I agree with what the WebUI is reporting seems correct. I will feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org following the link. Thank you very much, Gael, Judy, Roger.
Best regards, tokazaki3.