Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Zero touch configuration with Manageability Director Tool

sayantan_majumdar
I was trying to set up Zero Touch Configuration in AMT devices. I found Manageability Director tool to be pretty easy to use. But wanted to know the difference between the AMTSCS service and Manageability Director. Could either of those be used for ZTC configuration?
0 Kudos
24 Replies
sayantan_majumdar

Yes, Gael tried again later and was able to get it working.

The new password should be used in the Activator tool.
SCS should use the certificate.

You should also keep in mind the passwords for the profile you create to be used with that system.

Hi Lance,

I tried to use the password in activator tool but activator tool does not provide any option to use a changed password while provisioning in PKI mode. Could you please confirm if it's a known issue? And if not then could you please let me know how could I use a password other than "admin".

Regards,
Sayantan
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,
There is not an issue like this that is known.

I will need to test the configuration that you want to test. It will take a while to build that setup. Right now I only have a setup that includes Active Directory.

After looking back at the initial errors you supplied earlier in this thread it appears you were having networking issues and/or permissions issues. You need to have DHCP and DNS configured the same and properly for the server and clients. The account you are using for SCS needs to have appropriatepermissions for the SCS service and the provisioning certificate. There may be other configuration things to consider that I may come across when I try with you preferred setup.
0 Kudos
sayantan_majumdar

Hello,
There is not an issue like this that is known.

I will need to test the configuration that you want to test. It will take a while to build that setup. Right now I only have a setup that includes Active Directory.

After looking back at the initial errors you supplied earlier in this thread it appears you were having networking issues and/or permissions issues. You need to have DHCP and DNS configured the same and properly for the server and clients. The account you are using for SCS needs to have appropriatepermissions for the SCS service and the provisioning certificate. There may be other configuration things to consider that I may come across when I try with you preferred setup.

Hi Gael and Lance,

Finally a good news!!!

I am able to provision the AMT device in TLS-PKI mode with SCS Light. The issue was a with the communication between the AMT device Workgroup and SCS domain.

A special thanks to you for all your help.

Regards,
Sayantan
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
That is great!
Glad it is working for you.
And saves me having to build it ;)
0 Kudos