Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

gsoap error when requesting for GetSystemPowerState

mcunha
Beginner
When we send a request to retrieve the power state of the Intel AMT-managed PC system (using gSOAP API GetSystemPowerState as documented on the Intel AMT
Network Interface Guide) , sometimes we receive an gsoap time out anwser:

SOAP failure : End of file or no input: 'Operation
interrupted or timed out'

We only get this error time to time (not always)

Any ideas ?

Q&A:
Q: Is this behavior seen with all AMT systems in your lab, or just one?
A: All

Q:Does this behavior present itself when running SDK sample code or your own code?

A:We only see it when testing our own code. Note that we are requesting the Power status code every 5mins for 24h or 48h.

Q: Does it happen on the first invocation of the AMT API or after several times?

A: Sometimes on the first invocation, sometimes after several times.

Q: Does it happen with any other API call or just this one?

A: just with this one (using gSOAP API GetSystemPowerState)

Q: After the timeout is received, do subsequent invocations return correct values?

A: yes (sometimes for 20mins or more and the problem append again).

--
Regards,

Michel Cunha
Software Developer
N-able Technologies
www.n-able.com
mcunha@n-able.com

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hello,

Just a few more questions. Are your lab systems Linux or Windows? Which release of the SDK are you using? (The one currently downloadable from this site?) Also, just so we don't have to ask later, what systems are you running on? Are you running on production systems? If not what stepping are your processors and what version of the firmware is on your system?

Note that the 2.1 Release of the SDK will be avaliable for download from this site in a few days. Meanwhile, we will look into your problem.

--GTH

0 Kudos
ylianst
Beginner

I there, maybe I can help. I have been building an IAMT application in C# for a while and I do get "Connection Closed" exceptions occasionaly, not just for getting the power state. I have noticed that if I try to open many TCP connections to IAMT at the same time, it will happen quite often and so, I grouped all my connections in .NET and it solved some of it, but not everything.

I ended up changing the web services code to add a two automatic retrys with I get a "Connection Closed" and it solved it completely. This may not be exactly your problem, but just for kicks, retry your call when you get that error, it may work all the time the second time around.

Ylian
Intel Software Engineer.

0 Kudos
mcunha
Beginner
Hi,

Sorry if it take time to replay.

Are your lab systems Linux or Windows?
My lab systems is Linux and Windows

Which release of the SDK are you using?
Intel AMT Release 2.0_124884

Also, just so we don't have to ask later, what systems are you running on?
Windows XP/2000/2003 Server

Are you running on production systems?
Yes
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

You should download the 2.1 version of the SDK - it is now available on the Manageability site. Also did you try what Ylian suggested?

GTH

0 Kudos
mcunha
Beginner
Also did you try what Ylian suggested?
Yes, If I get the error msg I retry 3 times. I also create a lock in the code to make sure the code only run one instance at the same time.

No I did not try the latest SDK. Note that I'm only using soap calls. I will probably try the new SDK in January.

Michel
0 Kudos
ylianst
Beginner

I am interested in your results. Let us know if the new SDK fixes things.

Thanks,
Ylian

0 Kudos