Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

intel manageability engine (ME )failed initialization and is non operational

huskerone
Beginner
hello, i got that error everytime i start my computer, i press enter twice and then i get the menu to choose the operating system, and then i can log in without issues, the first time i got that error, my system clock got messed up, after i log in i set it correctly , and i then when i got this error my clock continues function well

any advice would be appreciated

SPECS
Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise OS Service Pack Service Pack 1

Motherboard: CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8500, 3166 MHz (9.5 x 333) Motherboard Name Intel Dragontail Peak DP35DP (2 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394) Motherboard Chipset Intel Bearlake P35 System Memory 8188 MB (DDR2 SDRAM) BIOS Type Insyde (07/29/05) Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Motherboard Properties: Manufacturer Intel Corporation Product DP35DP Version AAD81073-208 Serial Number USDP815000JS

[ Processors / Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz ] Processor Properties: Manufacturer Intel Corporation Version Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz External Clock 333 MHz Maximum Clock 4000 MHz Current Clock 3166 MHz Type Central Processor Voltage 1.6 V Status Enabled Upgrade Socket LGA775 Socket Designation CPU1
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Huskerone,
Thanks for your post. I looked up your processor, but I don't see that this processor has Intel vPro Technology enabled. I'm thinking this is why the Manageability Engine fails to initialize.

If you are certain that this processor does have this capability, then please let me know and I will check further.

Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
huskerone
Beginner
no, i cannot see that on the specs
http://ark.intel.com/products/33911/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E8500-%286M-Cache-3_16-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB%29

but this is a new issue, it worked fine for 2 years
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi huskerone,
Have you been workingwith any AMT (Manageability) features prior to getting this message? Did you try to install any new driversor software programson the systemrecently? I'm thinking something musthave tried to install the manageabilityengine on your system when it was installed. I'll check and see if anything else could be the issue.

Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi huskerone,
Apparently I was wrong. :-( That processor does have vPro enabled on it. Here are two blogs that can help you find this out:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2011/03/21/intel-vpro-technology-with-intel-amt-what-to-look-for/(for AMT 7.0)
http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2008/10/21/what-if-joe-the-plumber-wants-to-purchase-an-intel-vpro-pc/(circa AMT 2.6/4.0)

What we would like to suggest is that you run the SCS Discovery Tool. You can get the link and read what to look for in this blog: http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2011/12/02/wmi-provider-not-found/

Then if you will reply back to us with the output from that tool, we should be able to help you figure out what to do.

Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
huskerone
Beginner
i have upgraded my video drivers

some few days later, the error appear.
0 Kudos
huskerone
Beginner
this is the output of the file
i think it failed

2011-12-05 21:31:31:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: HandleOutPut: Starting log 2011-12-05 21:31:31
2011-12-05 21:31:31:(INFO) : SCSDiscovery, Category: -SystemDiscovery-: harmony: Discovering the System information...
2011-12-05 21:31:31:(ERROR) : ACU Configurator , Category: Error message: The Intel Management Engine Interface driver is not installed or cannot be accessed. (0xc000001f)
2011-12-05 21:31:35:(WARN) : SCSDiscovery.exe, Category: System Discovery: System Discovery finished with warnings: System Discovery failed to get data from some of the interfaces on this system. . ( Failed to get data from the %1 interface (%2). Failed to get data from the %1 interface (%2). Failed to get data from the %1 interface (%2). )
2011-12-05 21:31:35:(INFO) : SCSDiscovery, Category: Exit: ***********Exit with code 32 - The requested operation completed, but with warnings. Details: System Discovery finished with warnings: System Discovery failed to get data from some of the interfaces on this system. . ( Failed to get data from the %1 interface (%2). Failed to get data from the %1 interface (%2). Failed to get data from the %1 interface (%2). )

cannot find Intel_ME in the VMI
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee

Hi huskerone,
The blog I sent you to says "If you do not see the Intel_ME namespace then the MEProv.dll which allows access to the WMI Provider classes is not part of your OS installation." This is an optional item that some Manufacturers can decide not to include.

You said your system was working well in the past. Were you using any of the AMT fuctions or tools on this system? Or was the first time you heard of the Management Enginewhen you started getting the error message a few days ago?

Thanks,
Judy

0 Kudos
huskerone
Beginner
yes, this is the first time
i will try to update or reflash teh bios and take the bios battery out , i wil let you know

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Huskerone: The blog that Judy sent you to for instructions on how to run the Discovery tool shows you what the output will look like - what you posted appears to be what is in the "other" output file. Could you send us the actuall output from the tool?

1. Download and run the SCS Discovery Tool in a CMD window:

• >SCSDiscovery.exe /Output file test.xml SystemDiscovery /NoRegistry
The output file that we need is the one that has your fqdn as part of the name. It looks like you are providing the information that is in "test.xml" - this is not the ouput we are looking for.

0 Kudos
ryan_caswell
Beginner

"It looks like you are providing the information that is in "test.xml" "

I'm no Sherlock Holmes but I would probably deduct the fact it was timestamped less than one hour prior to Huskerone's post that would not likely be the case...unless you have the text.xml referencing system clock...which would be strange..

Also, I assume that flushing the CMOS worked just fine for this one as it has been far too long since the thread was updated on their particular issue.

0 Kudos