Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

vPro - Cannot Provision Workstation

Justin_H_1
Beginner

I am having issues provisioning a workstation with Windows 7 Pro x64 with vPro v9 via LabTech.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing MEI as well as installing the needed driver updates to the computer but none of these made any difference.  I have attached the screen shot of the full error to this topic.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

the first error shows invalid TCP address set. Do you have your configuration double checked?

0 Kudos
Justin_H_1
Beginner

Where would I double check that configuration?  Would that be in the BIOS?  If it is in the BIOS, is there another way to check it if I can access the computer remotely?  I am just not onsite at the office where this computer is located.

0 Kudos
Ville_K_
Beginner

I am looking for a way to use ACUConfig.exe and a profile to only configure the AMT password. This would an initial configuration to a new machine and it would be deployed as a part of OSD

I have created a profile with the ACUWizard and used the following syntax to configure the VPro

ACUConfig.exe /Output File C:\windows\debug\intelamtinstalllog.txt ConfigAMT AMTSet1.xml /DecryptionPassword "decryption_password" /AbortOnFailure /AdminPassword "admin"

but I get these errors

2015-09-03 09:55:54:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: HandleOutPut: Starting log 2015-09-03 09:55:54
2015-09-03 09:55:54:(INFO) : ACU Configurator, Category: -Unknown Operation-: computername: Starting to configure AMT...
2015-09-03 09:58:45:(ERROR) : ACU Configurator , Category: ConfigAMT failed: A call to this function has failed - (0xc000278b) (Connection to the Remote Configuration Service is necessary, but the RCSParameters tag is missing in the profile. (RCSAddress))
2015-09-03 09:58:45:(ERROR) : ACU Configurator, Category: Exit: ***********Exit with code 68. Details: Invalid parameter was found.  (RCSAddress)

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong. This computer has not been configured via remote configuration service and it still tries to contact it

0 Kudos