Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Crash in Android 4.0 While Re-Open App

Rubin__Andy
Beginner

Hi,

The sample conference Android 4.0 application working fine but after disconnection from the conference and i minimise the application when i re-open  from recent tasks it will crashes. Can someone please explain why anyone would still use Android 4.0. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
He_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Rubin, sorry for your bad experience. 

Could you please provide more information, such as error log and reproduce procedure?

And please kindly keep in mind, our demo app might not be fully consider all situations and corner cases, more needs to implemented by app developers.

0 Kudos
Sharma__Mukesh
Beginner

P2P Android application is also crashing in on Reopening

because of the following lines

ContextInitialization.create()
                     .setApplicationContext(this)
                     .setCodecHardwareAccelerationEnabled(true)
                     .setVideoHardwareAccelerationOptions(
                             rootEglBase.getEglBaseContext(),
                             rootEglBase.getEglBaseContext())
                     .initialize();

how to get rid of this crashing error

0 Kudos
He_Z_Intel
Employee

please don't initialize multiple times

0 Kudos
tony1
Beginner

How to prevent multiple initialization?

0 Kudos
tony1
Beginner

Hank Zhang (Intel) wrote:

please don't initialize multiple times

How to prevent multiple initialization?

I'm trying to initialize in Application, so you can't see the image when you go to video. Cannot render video stream, cannot display image.

How to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
He_Z_Intel
Employee

Probably to add a flag to identify if the activity has been initialized.

0 Kudos
Paul_S_2
Beginner

Hi,

we're having the same issue. But in our case we're initializing the conferencing workflow in a second activity. When the conference is ended, the activity is destroyed. When trying to join a new conference the singleton ContextInitialization is already initialized and won't accept another context. This is quite an issue right now. Initializing in the Base-Activity is not an option.

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
He_Z_Intel
Employee

Sorry Paul, i am afraid that our current code structure does not allow actions such as change context after initialization.

Paul S. wrote:

Hi,

we're having the same issue. But in our case we're initializing the conferencing workflow in a second activity. When the conference is ended, the activity is destroyed. When trying to join a new conference the singleton ContextInitialization is already initialized and won't accept another context. This is quite an issue right now. Initializing in the Base-Activity is not an option.

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Paul_S_2
Beginner

Hello Hank,

do you have any Tipps of a workaround or are there plans to change the behavoir in future releases?

Thank you a lot in advance!

0 Kudos