Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Dedicated Server for MCU + HW

Francesco_D_1
Beginner

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and this technology as well.

I spent two days on "playing" with the suite and it's really powerful. I'm doing some comparison chart to help me make an idea how much it would cost me an infrastructure to do the transcoding + mix + record of various "WebRTC Conference rooms".

I noticed that the project is split in the hardware accelerated solution (on Centos) and the CPU only (on Ubuntu).

I started with the CPU only project examples and made some tests. Next step was to rent an amazon instance with GPU (g2 with E5 Xeon + Nvidia GRID K520) to install the media server studio and afterwards the Intel Collaboration Suite on that machine but realized it would never worked because it need one of these processors:

• Intel Xeon Processor E3-1284 v3
  • Intel Xeon Processor E3-1285 v3
  • Intel Xeon Processor E3-1285L v3 and v4
  • Intel Xeon Processor E3-1286 v3
  • Intel Xeon Processor E3-1286L v3

Am I right? 

So, I scraped the web looking for some hosting providers with an E3-1285L and found a few options:

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 18.00.24_0.png

Do you think it would work on this machine?

Am I doing things right or am I missing something?

Do you have some comparison chart to show how much is worth a CPU + GPU processing vs only CPU?

Thanks for your patience,

Francesco Durighetto.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Francesco,

You're right about E3/E5. Regarding E3-1285L, GPU acceleration with Intel Media Server Studio will work fine on it. Currently we do not provide the comparison chart which we will release in the future.

Any further question regarding GPU virtualization, please go to https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
palla__muralidhar

Hi there,

What are best AWS family instances suitable for Intel CS MCU deployments for Productions?

Please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Our server deployment is scalable, different use cases will have different deployment requirement. MCU server works well with basic 8 core, 8G memory. 

0 Kudos