Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Example Web App included on Intel 2.0 WebRTC MCU doesn't work in Firefox 38.0.1

Reynier_G_
Beginner

Hi,

Regards for the good job and support. I'm working on a Web Application in node.js that use a Intel CS WebRTC MCU 2.0 hosted in a Linux 12.04 x64 box.

The other day, when I install the v38.0.1 of Mozilla Firefox, the web application doesn't work any more(It was working fine when I have installed firefox's v34.0). After hours of scratch my heard trying to determine the source of the problem, I decide to test the new version of the firefox browser with the Intel CS MCU's example node.js video conference web application. I was surprised to found that it doesn't work either. I think that the problem is that from the client side of the web app, the Intel's woogeen.sdk.js is failing in streaming the Web cam's captured video to the Intel MCU Server. In effect, when I review the Web Console in firefox for logs I found the following:

"INFO:" "setRemoteDescription failed: InvalidSessionDescriptionError"

However, the web cam video is rendered to the page(I suppose because it is not coming from the server, it is rendered directly as captured from the web cam). After, when I open a second tab and open the same URL of the example web app that I open in the first tab, the video that supposedly is uploaded from the first tab to the ROOM is not visible in this tab(I suppose because from the first tab fail to streaming the video to the MCU Server). I have attached a rar file with:

- woogeen_config.js

- erizo's logs file

- Logs in Web Console generated from your SDK in the first tab opened (LogsInWebConsoleOfTheFirstTab.txt) in the firefox browser

- Logs in Web Console generated from your SDK in the second tab opened (LogsInWebConsoleOfTheFirstTab.txt) in the firefox browser

Note: The Intel MCU WebRTC's example web app and my application works fine in Chrome 42

I appreciate your work and help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Farrukh_M_
Beginner

I think you should try TURN/STUN server, install it locally and see.

Regards

0 Kudos
Reynier_G_
Beginner

I appreciate your time, but why I will need now to use TURN/STUN server?, if before upgrade my browser from Mozilla 34 to 38 I did not need they, and my Web App and the Intel's example Web Conference web application work like charm. I'm using the MCU Server for streaming between a exhibitor an an spectator, I'm not using PeerToPeer Connection. Let me known if I'm wrong, I thinks it is a problem of the JavaScript Client SDK

Regards.

0 Kudos
Farrukh_M_
Beginner

I had weird issues with new browsers as well and most of them got fixed by TURN/STUN server installation thats why I said, give it a shot.

BTW i did a fresh install and used firefox 38 and it works without an issue but I am using turn/stun server in woogeen.config.js. The only issue I hve is with cross browser slowness if 1st stream is opened in chrome and 2nd in FF or vice versa, it opens instantly in 1st one but takes almost 2 mins for FF to show the stream that is unacceptable. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee
Thanks, guys. The new version browsers and their compatibilities are now big challenge for us, since we do not release our suite according to the browsers release cycle, including Chrome and Firefox, which is rapidly evolving regarding WebRTC technology. We're now doing our best to release patches/hotfix against those popup issues!
0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

More information: The reason why we released the v2.1 and v2.1.1 is to fix this kind of client compatibility, include this SDP negotiation issue with Firefox 38.

So best suggestion is to upgrade your MCU to the latest package. Thanks!

0 Kudos