Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
1146 Discussions

How to select specific Video/Audio Device in JS Client SDK

Bipin_Kesharwani
Beginner

Hi,

I am working on Intel CS for WebRTC version 3.3, on connecting client machine (on Windows 8.1)  we have multiple video capture cards (PCI-Ex and USB based) and they are connecting through compatible Chrome browser.  I would like to know how to give user a choice to shift video camera (audio/video device) and rejoin the room (in conference mode) or if it is possible for client node to switch between camera while joined in a room.

Is there a way to pass parameters in video/audio option of Woogeen.LocalStream.create method?? 

Hopefully there is a way, please share the same.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Bipin,

Intel CS for WebRTC v3.3 JS SDK does not specify which device will be used. End user can select audio and video devices when they are getting prompted for audio/video permission.

0 Kudos
Bipin_Kesharwani
Beginner

Hi Juanjun,

Thanks for reply. Is there any way to modify JS files or any workaround and pass parameter for specifying video device id. We are trying to create Node-WebKit app which will further connect to Intel CS for WebRTC and execute the selected video capture.

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Bipin,

SDK uses getUserMedia to create MediaStreams. It also depends on adapter.js (https://github.com/webrtc/adapter) to deal with prefix differences. Maybe you can add device ID before constraints are passed to getUserMedia. However, I cannot guarantee this workaround works as we didn't test this scenario.

0 Kudos