Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
1136 Discussions

Issue with Node version on install (v8 vs latest)

Gibson__James
Beginner

I am having a problem trying to install and get WebRTC MCU server running - where it seems to fall down is around the version of node I am using. This is on Ubuntu.

By default I got the latest as per the instructions (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-collaboration-suite-for-webrtc) - and continued with the install. After installing MongoDB and RabbitMQ (both of which need to be installed directly, not as per instructions) - I am able to run the "init all" script and get the following;

All seems well - until you run the start all and then you get an error regarding node versions not matching. I try downgrading to v8 of node, but then when I go to initialise it gives an error, due to a property only supported in more recent node versions.

Can someone please advise how to resolve the error with the "node version does not match"?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Please download node version 8 and use it for MCU server, currently for version 4.1 we only guarantee full testing on node v8. You can use nvm to manage different node versions.