Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
1146 Discussions

Question about Intel's best SW for Streaming and WebRTC services.

Youngho_K_
Beginner

We plan to start new project about video plaform serves HLS(HTTP Live Streaming)and WebRTC.

I've been musing which one is the best between DSP chips and HMP(Host Media Processing) SW when we start to make video processing platform.

I found  HMP's performance was getting higher after serching through web sites.

Can you guarantee only HMP can cover performance for  HLS(HTTP Live Streaming)and WebRTC ?

So, In intel, Do you have  any suggestion to help me?

I've found there were "NetStructure HMP(Host Media Processing) SW" and "Intel® Media SDK" in intel web site.

We will use a commercial server for HW platform.

Could you please help me what kind of SW is helpfull for our new project among intel SWs? 

PS : Because we didn't decide intel SW,

I don't know exact Options below selection inquiry such as Operating System , Platform ,Programming Language , Skill Level ,
Software Products , Technology , Topic , Audience.

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

We try our best to make sure that our CPU and GPU is the best choice for video and audio processing platform. Our WebRTC solution also provides different gateways to WebRTC, if I take the "SW" above in the right way as "Software"?

0 Kudos
Youngho_K_
Beginner

Do you mean  Intel SW doesn't seems to be adequent to fully stably support video and audio processing?

As you said, What product do you say " different gateways to WebRTC " ? 

Can you give Product name of it?

I'd like to know some Intel's  information or product name for streaming service such as OTT(Over The Top)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

What I mentioned above regarding CPU and GPU means both software and hardware. Our software (based on CPU cycles) fully stably supports video and audio processing, while Intel GPU provides excellent hardware acceleration.

Regarding the gateway distribution, we've already included the download of WebRTC gateway in Intel CS for WebRTC. You can have a try from https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/webrtc/.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Youngho_K_
Beginner

Thanks for your guide.

I'll review your site and check the details.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks, Youngho. Let me know if you have further questions when you explore.

If you want more details on potential cooperation, please email webrtc_support@intel.com.

0 Kudos