Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Version 3.0 Rooms from Console and other getting started queries

Deepa_G_
Beginner

Dear Team,

I have installed version 3.0 update 2.

1.Basic sample is working ok with default room

http://<url>:3000/console . i was able to use room = param

but the quality of audio video is not very good even on good network speed, is it due to the ports i have mentioned below?

the sdk is only in minified form making difficult to check errors or logs on console is there a normal sdk debug copy?

2. in the Client side sample in Javascript i can only see p2p sample. Do you have a conference sample?

3. For ios sample there is native code only. Do you have JS code which will work with cordova / intelxdk with any plugin?

4.  i have allowed TCP ports 3000,3001,3004,8080,8095,8096,8888,33430,54578, i m using a separate turn server. i did not find ports list in the documentation please help me if any ports are missing.

5. How to give multiple turn server in config.erizoController.turnServer = {}; // default value: undefined
   config.erizoController.turnServer.url = single only?

6. is Cluster mode necessary for recording? Can i not get recording in stand alone mode to keep it simple to check? (in documentation it mentions recording agent only in GPU-accelerated MCU cluster)

Would appreciate your help on above queries. Sorry if i have put too many questions in same post.. may be it will help the community in starting up.

Thanks

PS i modified my 1st point as i was able to resolve room= issue by changing the sample

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Deepa,

1. Do you run the conference or P2P? Could you tell me the network condition you're using? And, no debug copy is provided in the released package currently.
2. Sure. Please refer to the docuementation of CS_WebRTC_Server_User_Guide.v3.0.
3. No iOS plugin is provided as well.
4. We do not provide the white list of open ports, but we provide the port range configuration in the woogeen_config.js.
5. On the server side, both the TURN severs for server and client are single. But we provide client side API conference.setIceServers to set the multiple ones.
6. No, cluster is not required for media recording.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Deepa,

1. Do you run the conference or P2P? Could you tell me the network condition you're using? And, no debug copy is provided in the released package currently.
2. Sure. Please refer to the docuementation of CS_WebRTC_Server_User_Guide.v3.0.
3. No iOS plugin is provided as well.
4. We do not provide the white list of open ports, but we provide the port range configuration in the woogeen_config.js.
5. On the server side, both the TURN severs for server and client are single. But we provide client side API conference.setIceServers to set the multiple ones.
6. No, cluster is not required for media recording.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Deepa_G_
Beginner

Dear Chunbo,

Thanks so much for your detailed reply 

1. i wanted to check conference first. I was only able to get the mix stream sample working.

When creating room if i flag Mixing as false i do not get videos of other persons joining - i will work more on that and get back to you with logs

2. In the user guide nothing is mentioned about Recording API - i had downloaded Intel_CS_WebRTC_User_Document.v3.0_Update2.zip - it is in html format, in js folder i open index.html. i tried to use recording api from forum post but from the mix stream only single audio recorded- i have posted this in the different post related to recording. it would be great if you can give download link of API which deals with recording.

6. if no cluster is required can i get Release-v3.0.1.hw directly to run on Ubuntu also? is Intel media suite MediaServerStudioEssentials2016 prerequisite for recording?

0 Kudos
Deepa_G_
Beginner

Hi,

Have already resolved the query above. 

Do we have any performance numbers on how many max participants does this support in relation to the hardware used. Any figures available with any client/test teams or any max limits.

thanks

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

The performance data depends on the physical configuration and network conditions as well. We have a team working on the scalability stuff recently, and will release them later. Stay tuned.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
miles_j_
Beginner

When i try to use room with mix=false

i get this error in logs/woogeen-portal.stdout 

mcu/erizoController/erizoController.js:1:17252

"eError: e.room.controller.publisherNum is not a function
at Socket.<anonymous> (/home/user/cs/Release-v3.0.1.hw/mcu/erizoController/erizoController.js:1:17252)
at emitThree (events.js:97:13)
at Socket.emit (events.js:175:7)
at Socket.onevent (/home/user/cs/Release-v3.0.1.hw/node_modules/socket.io/lib/socket.js:335:8)
at Socket.onpacket (/home/user/cs/Release-v3.0.1.hw/node_modules/socket.io/lib/socket.js:295:12)
at Client.ondecoded (/home/user/cs/Release-v3.0.1.hw/node_modules/socket.io/lib/client.js:193:14)
at Decoder.Emitter.emit (/home/user/cs/Release-v3.0.1.hw/node_modules/socket.io/node_modules/socket.io-parser/node_modules/component-emitter/index.js:134:20)
at Decoder.add (/home/user/cs/Release-v3.0.1.hw/node_modules/socket.io/node_modules/socket.io-parser/index.js:247:12)
at Client.ondata (/home/user/cs/Release-v3.0.1.hw/node_modules/socket.io/lib/client.js:175:18)

INFO: ErizoController - Socket disconnect  /#01OoGjO7D3BULR9NAAAD

INFO: ErizoController - Empty room  56d0ba4e06835a3218e3394c . Deleting it

"

not able to debug because it is minified 

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Miles,

Could you tell me the media server studio version you are using? Which client are you using? And the version as well, since we want to get more details from your side.

Thanks!

0 Kudos