Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDrew3
Beginner

Hi, I have a code 10 error for my intel TXEInterface. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512. When running the TXE driver software from intel DSA I got the following error logs: Error 9459: Internal error (Could not determine FW features information)

Error 9296: TXEManuf Test Failed

Please help!

0 Kudos
21 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This forum is for the Intel Compute Stick.

Use the driver from Acer, and contact them for support if you still have problems.

Doc

CDrew3
Beginner

Thank you for the feedback. Problem is I can't determine which compu stick it is....to know which driver to install and the intel DSA tells me all software is up to date. Could it be that the stick has been damaged physically by a power surge or something?
AlHill
Super User

You have an Acer laptop. A compute stick is an Intel device and is not a laptop.

You do not have a compute stick. If you think you do, provide a photo.

Doc

CDrew3
Beginner

Ok thanks Mr.Hill. I'm trying to find help to solve the problem on the Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface according to Device Manager. So I'm not sure what category this interface falls under but I've so far not been able to solve the problem with the Intel DSA software or the driver package for TXEI from Intel. That's why I came to the forum...
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip) the results of this utility.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

CDrew3
Beginner

Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Since you have a laptop, you should not use Intel DSA to scan and update drivers. Also, Intel DSA only offers generic drivers and you should get the drivers from Acer website, thus you will have the customized drivers for your system.

Actually, if anyone wants to use Intel DSA, it should be expected to only use it for graphics, wireless and ethernet components, and there is no need to install chipset drivers unless you are installing an OS, and if you are, then you should get it from Acer website.....

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/idsa-faq.html#FAQSection1

Now, the Intel TXE Driver should be downloaded from Acer website, and actually you can download it from this link>

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5611;-;Aspire%20ES1-512

Install only the TXE driver from Acer, and if you have troubles, then you should check with Acer for installation instructions.

CDrew3
Beginner

Hi, Great thanks for the info. The DSA is slowing my pc considerably so will uninstall. A techy from Intel told me to update the driver, chipset and BIOS but Id prefer not to mess with that so I'll follow your advice and just do the driver...lets see if that resolves the issue. Regards
CDrew3
Beginner

Hi again, forgive my ignorance but i need to be guided step-by-step....i dont want to make any mistakes. please tell me if the output image name and path needs to be anything specific when creating the flash image. regards
CDrew3
Beginner

Im not qualified to follow instructions apparently...lol. while reading ahead i noticed i'd already gone wrong in step 1 with source and destination directories - i had input step 4's info, the TXE *.bin path.... will have to ask you guys to be patient with me please. seems i'll have to learn the whole process before attempting to start it on my pc
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Unfortunately I am not familiar with those installation instructions, I do not own an Acer laptop for testing nor I had to install an Intel TXE driver before on any of my systems, so I cannot provide useful guidance, as well I am not familiar with the error codes/messages described in your other post below but they seem to relate to Intel Management Engine, but those drivers you should get them from Acer website, not Intel....

My recommendation is to check this directly with Acer, or you can share your concerns on the Acer Community forum, perhaps other people there might have suggestions to share with you.

https://community.acer.com/en/

CDrew3
Beginner

Hi there, Thanks I did find them there, just not confident / experienced enough to do it on my own. It has instructions but nonetheless is a complicated procedure with damaging consequences if I get it wrong.. Regards
AlHill
Super User

I sure wish I could understand and make sense of this thread.

IDSA does not slow anyone's PC considerably.

A "techy" from Intel? Who? Do you have a support case open?

Doc

CDrew3
Beginner

Mr. Hill, Please try not to be so critical - not everyone is a software engineer. I did register a case and the "techy" is assisting me, as is another "person" in this forum. According to my task bar, yes, the DSA is using a good chunk of system resources. If you're interested in giving a positive contribution please tell me if the output image name and path needs to be anything specific when creating the flash image. Regards
AlHill
Super User

I am giving positive contributions. You have made no sense. You are in the Compute Stick forum, which you do not have. You are talking about a TXE driver for your acer, which you should get from acer. You are running IDSA for your acer laptop, which you should not be doing. You did not provide the SSU log, which I requested. You should be using Acer for support of THEIR laptop, not Intel. You have a support case open, yet you are also trying to use a community forum. Should I go on? And, you do not need to be a software engineer to understand this. I have quite a bit experience with IDSA. If it is consuming resources as you think, just uninstall it and be done with that problem.

You need to be working directly with ACER.

Doc

CDrew3
Beginner

Thanks for the information Mr. Hill. I've never dealt with this type of issue before and have no clue what an SSU log is or whether a TXEI is a compu stick or not... I just saw that it's an Intel component and thus sought answers there. Attached is the info I was working with to find a solution:
AlHill
Super User

You have not attached anything to this thread. I asked you for the ssu log in the very first response on this thread. If you are attaching items to the email, that is not the correct way to do it. I told you in the first response how to do it.

Doc

CDrew3
Beginner

Error 9459: Internal error (Could not determine FW features information) Error 9296: TXEManuf Test Failed
CDrew3
Beginner

tried to attach pics and mailed from my phone...perhaps the images were too large at 1.2mb each?
CDrew3
Beginner

anyhoo...will take your advice and uninstall IDSA and continue to follow up with Acer...although the Intel techy and other forum user were very helpful also. Im just not experienced or confident enough to go through the process without additional advice/guidance. was very different in the early 90's.....my poor 286 running Dos3 and Norton Commander would get stripped, re-assembled, software re-installed, re-configured (and just about anything else we could figure out to do to it) every weekend....lol it was trial by error those days....try to be more cautious now