Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud

Access storage

ffa
Novice

On the oneAPI overview page, it says that 220gb of storage. How do I access it. Is it temporary or permanent? i.e. if I logout, will the file persists

ffa_0-1676386288453.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have 220 GB in a compute node and 24GB in login node. Please run the below command to get the storage details. Check the highlighted disk space in the attached screenshots:

lsblk

AlekhyaV_Intel_2-1676544300983.png

Regards,

Alekhya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

When you register to Intel oneAPI DevCloud, you get Free access to Intel® oneAPI toolkits and components and the latest Intel® hardware for 120 days(you could extend your devcloud access if needed.) along with 220 GB storage. This storage exists till your access ends.

Your files in the Intel DevCloud for oneAPI Projects are stored in your home directory. The path to the home directory is /home/uXXXXX. This directory is shared with the NFS protocol between the login node, the compute nodes, and the JupyterLab* servers. In other words, the files that you put in your home directly do not just live on the host where you created them, they are propagated to a centralized storage server and are accessible from all other hosts accessible to you in Intel DevCloud for oneAPI Projects. For more information on File storage in DevCloud, please refer this link(https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/file-storage/)

If this resolves your doubts, make sure to accept this as a solution. This helps others with similar issue. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
ffa
Novice

Hi Alekhya,

Thank you so much for you reply! I have one more query. When I use the login node, the storage available was approx. 24gb and with jupyter server it was 100gb. So after I use those more storage will be allocated?

I used the following code for checking storage:

import shutil

total, used, free = shutil.disk_usage("/")

print("Total: %d GiB" % (total // (2**30)))
print("Used: %d GiB" % (used // (2**30)))
print("Free: %d GiB" % (free // (2**30)))

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have 220 GB in a compute node and 24GB in login node. Please run the below command to get the storage details. Check the highlighted disk space in the attached screenshots:

lsblk

AlekhyaV_Intel_2-1676544300983.png

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thank you for accepting our solution. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos