Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1659 Discussions

DevCloud account deactivated

Southerly
Beginner

I created an account for the DevCloud yesterday to work on the OneAPI labs. I slept my computer overnight. This morning I was in a login loop of enrolling again and again. After rebooting my computer the site said my account has been deactivated. At which point I found the email I received at 5am (while my computer was asleep) stating -

"Your Developer Cloud account has been deactivated due to observed prohibited use such as cryptocurrency mining, data scraping, malicious program or tampering with Developer Cloud services."

Would it be possible to have this account reactivated?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

In our efforts to stop the progress of cryptocurrency miners and keep DevCloud compute resources free and available to our valued developers, we have had to take both automated and manual action against unauthorized activities by termination or deactivation of accounts. Unfortunately, while infrequent, several valid accounts have been terminated inadvertently during this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and we are continually working to avoid this and create new capabilities for account recovery. 

Kindly register to open a new account here: https://software.intel.com/devcloud/oneapi

If you face any issues please connect back to us. 

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos