Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1708 Discussions

Error when compiling for FPGA

filipeborralho
New Contributor I

I've a project that I'm trying to compile for FPGA. The project's kernel is the following:

h.single_task([=]() [[intel::kernel_args_restrict]] {
    float tmp[MATRIX_DIM];

for (auto fbr = 0; fbr < fbrCnt; ++fbr) {

#pragma unroll
        for (uint8_t i = 0; i < MATRIX_DIM; ++i) {
            tmp[i] = 0.0f;
        }

for (auto ele = accFbrPtr[fbr]; ele < accFbrPtr[fbr+1]; ++ele) {
            int k = accKIdx[ele];
            float val = accValues[ele];

#pragma unroll
            for (uint8_t col = 0; col < MATRIX_DIM; ++col) {
                tmp[col] += val * accMatrix[k * MATRIX_DIM + col];
            }
        }

#pragma unroll
        for (uint8_t i = 0; i < MATRIX_DIM; ++i) {
            accOutput[fbr * MATRIX_DIM + i] = tmp[i];
        }
    }
});

When I compile for emulation it works fine and I get the output I was expecting. When I generate a report it doesn't give any issues either, no warnings, doesn't exceed the area available. When I try to compile to hardware, it generates the following error:

/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 86: kill: (3143998) - No such process

I know the problem in the kernel because I've used the remaining of the code with several variations of this kernel since I'm trying to optimise it. I've used the following two commands for compilation:

icpx -fsycl -fintelfpga -Xshardware -Xstarget=/opt/intel/oneapi/intel_a10gx_pac:pac_a10 *.cpp -o trial
dpcpp -fintelfpga -Xshardware -Xsboard=/opt/intel/oneapi/intel_a10gx_pac:pac_a10 *.cpp -o trial

Both resulted in the error above. I'm somewhat confident that the error isn't some syntax error on the code so to try solving it I've tried to google the meaning of the error I'm obtaining but I couldn't find anything.

I appreciate any help and thank you in advance for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
filipeborralho
New Contributor I

I tried to do the compilation by requesting an interactive node and it worked. It's not exactly solved since I have no idea why it wasn't compiling when submitting the job, but at least now I have an alternative way.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
filipeborralho
New Contributor I

I forgot to mention that I am using the devcloud for the compilation.

Also I would like to provide an update, in the meanwhile I tried compiling again and now the error file comes empty but no executable is generated. Is this a known issue with the devcloud? Because the output file doesn't show any errors, nor does the error file yet the compilation ends in a few seconds and no executable is produced.

Once again thank you for your time and I'll be looking forward to a reply.

0 Kudos
filipeborralho
New Contributor I

I tried to do the compilation by requesting an interactive node and it worked. It's not exactly solved since I have no idea why it wasn't compiling when submitting the job, but at least now I have an alternative way.

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thanks for sharing the solution with us. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos