Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20677 Discussions

Garden Warfare 2 on Steam needs xx.xx.15.4251 and i have no idea what that is

LazyGW2
Beginner

Hello people at INTEL, 

I am writing this in hopes of a response, but here goes. 

I just got a game, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. The company that made it was EA. I recently bought it on Steam for 30 US dollars. I tried playing it, but I got a message that the recommended driver is version xx.xx.15.4251. At first, I thought nothing of it, and started the game, only to find out that neither my keyboard nor mouse could work. So I clicked the Windows key plus X and I tried to switch to an older version of a graphics card I think? Here are the exact buttons I pressed. 

Windows key + X / Device Manager / Display Adapters / Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 / Driver / Roll Back Driver

After doing all of that, I tried loading the game, and at first, it appeared to be working, until I realized that the game was running at an incredibly slow frame rate, and the audio was glitching. My current driver is 31.0.101.2121 and I apparently need the specific version the game is asking me for, which is the previously mentioned version of xx.xx.15.4251. Please help, this game was quite expensive for me, and I can't refund it anymore due to Steam's refund policy only allowing the game to be refunded within 2 hours of purchasing. I bought it on Sunday, June 4th, 2023, and at the time of writing this, it is Wednesday, June 7th, 2023. I have tried fixing it myself for the past 2 days, and none of the articles or Youtube videos ive found have helped. Please help me. 

Sincerely, 

Angel Alvarez

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LazyGW2
Beginner

My processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz if that helps at all.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello LazyGW2

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues when trying to play Garden Warfare 2 on your system.

The specific driver the game is asking for is no longer available, however, we would like to gather more information about your system in order to further assist, please create a report with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello LazyGW2

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello LazyGW2

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos