Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1738 Discussions

How to access a compute node with 4th Gen Xeon Processors?

L30nardo
Beginner

Hi, I would like to access a node with 4th Gen Xeon processors, but I don't know what is the correct label for these devices. Could you please tell me how?

Usually, I start an interactive session for an "Gen9" GPU with this command: "qsub -I -l nodes=1:gen9:ppn=2 -d ."

Thanks in advance,

Leo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RemyaP_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

The below highlighted is the property for the 4th Gen Xeon processor(sapphire rapids). You can use the label 'spr' for connecting.

RemyaP_Intel_0-1674216827455.png

There are two nodes present. You can use the below command to see if any of these nodes are available. Currently, they are in running status. Once they are available you can connect and use them.

pbsnodes | grep -i spr -B 4

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with a similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Remya Premdas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RemyaP_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

The below highlighted is the property for the 4th Gen Xeon processor(sapphire rapids). You can use the label 'spr' for connecting.

RemyaP_Intel_0-1674216827455.png

There are two nodes present. You can use the below command to see if any of these nodes are available. Currently, they are in running status. Once they are available you can connect and use them.

pbsnodes | grep -i spr -B 4

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with a similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
L30nardo
Beginner

Thanks @RemyaP_Intel !

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos