Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1708 Discussions

Unable to install libnuma-dev libhugetlbfs-dev in Edge

Maddi
New Contributor I

Hello,

I need to install libnuma-dev libhugetlbfs-dev in the Edge to resolve a build error related with numa.h file not found. I tried below command but it require sudo permission.

sudo apt-get install libnuma-dev libhugetlbfs-dev

How do I install the above packages in Edge node.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Maddi,

Currently, installing additional packages on Intel Developer Cloud for the Edge is not possible. Could you please let me know what you are trying to do? It may be possible to set up a Python virtual environment in the user space and install packages there.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Maddi,

Currently, installing additional packages on Intel Developer Cloud for the Edge is not possible. Could you please let me know what you are trying to do? It may be possible to set up a Python virtual environment in the user space and install packages there.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Maddi
New Contributor I

Hello Jesus,

Thanks for response. I was trying perform a build a C code which requires numa dependencies and I was facing an error as numa.h file is not found. I explored and identified that the file is not located in /usr/include folder. Understood that this can be resolved by installing libnuma-dev

Also noted that the same file is located in OneAPI node in /usr/include folder but not in Edge node.  Please suggest whether installing python virtual environment resolve the issues with numa dependencies in C programs. Could you please provide the steps for creating virtual environment.

Thanks,

Maddi

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Maddi,

Python virtual environment will not help in this case. I recommend using Intel DevCloud for oneAPI.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions related to Intel Developer Cloud for the Edge.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos