Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1772 Discussions

Unnable to access/login-in my devcloud account

kabad
Beginner

Hello, as of today I was not able to ssh to my devcloud account. It was failing as:

uXXXXXX@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

What I tried was:
1. ssh-ing devcloud proxy
2. granting permissions to files
3. login from incognito as well as cleared from cookies and cache non-incognito browser

More precisely:
1.I followed some old forum question threads and attempted to ssh into the proxy, which also fails but with:

```
nc: getaddrinfo: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
Connection closed by UNKNOWN port 65535
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
Connection closed by UNKNOWN port 65535
```

I can see in my .ssh/config I have the servername listed as:

```
Host
devcloud
User uXXXXXX
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-XXXXXX.txt
ProxyCommand ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-XXXXXX.txt guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com

Host devcloud.proxy
User uXXXXXX
Port 4022
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-XXXXXX.txt
ProxyCommand ssh -T devcloud-via-proxy

```

2. Further I thought of editting permission (chmod 600) of 

~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-XXXXXX.txt and ~/.ssh/conf, but that didn't help either.

3. I wasn't able to login to the jupyter notebook from web, nor devcloud.intel.com. I keep getting the error:
```
The claims exchange 'RestApi-Google-reCaptcha-LoginAccount' specified in step '8' returned HTTP error response with Code 'InternalServerError' and Reason 'Internal Server Error'
```

On the other hand, I can login into intel.com and attempt to enroll for the Developer Cloud - but then I see:
```
You are already enrolled in the Intel® Developer Cloud
Click here to complete provisioning your account
```

This "Click" would lead me to another page telling me that:
```
There is already an Intel Developer Cloud account associated with this email. Go to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/devcloud/overview.html to access Intel Developer Cloud. For assistance resolving account issues, visit the Intel Developer Cloud Forum.
```
From here I can actually access console.cloud.intel.com, but I cannot understand if/how I can reach devcloud from here.

In any case, how can I `ssh devcloud`?

Side note: It is precisely 4 months since I registered in devcloud for the first time.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Albert9
Novice

Hello @kabad,

I believe the error you are experiencing has to do with your account being deactivated. I got an email with a Deactivation Notice as well, and when I tried ssh-ing into the VPS afterwards, I got the same public key error.

[Devcloud-Username]@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

0 Kudos