Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1656 Discussions

Which Device is it running on?

rico22
New Contributor I

Hi, everyone. I am studying the 'BenchmarkApp_python' on JupyterLab. It's not clear which device is used for the implementation. Here's the code they used for the hardware inference.

# import necessary libraries
import json
import qarpo

# load job configurations for demo
with open('job_config.json') as json_file:
data = json.load(json_file)

# create and run the user job interface
job_interface = qarpo.Interface(data)
job_interface.displayUI()

It's not clear which hardware will be used for inferencing. Can you guys please help me out? Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi rico22,

In the BenchmarkApp Tutorial notebook, section 1.2 should display the targeted architectures and devices (see screenshot below). From the menu, you should be able to select a GPU. Please let me know if this works for you.

JesusE_Intel_0-1666825972596.png

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Rico22,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

May I know which tutorial or repository are you referring to?

Referring to Basic Usage in Benchmark Python Tool, the application will load the specified model onto the CPU and perform inferencing on batches of randomly generated date inputs for 60 seconds.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
rico22
New Contributor I

Hi, Wan. Thank you for your response. Here's the link I am following: 

https://notebooks.edge.devcloud.intel.com/user/u169086/lab/tree/Reference-samples/iot-devcloud/openvino-dev-latest/tutorials/benchmarkApp_python/BenchmarkApp_python.ipynb

The job script doesn't indicate which device it is using. I would like to do inferencing on GPU. What should I do? Thank you.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi rico22,

In the BenchmarkApp Tutorial notebook, section 1.2 should display the targeted architectures and devices (see screenshot below). From the menu, you should be able to select a GPU. Please let me know if this works for you.

JesusE_Intel_0-1666825972596.png

Regards,

Jesus

rico22
New Contributor I

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. Have a nice day. 

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos