Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1659 Discussions

qsub fails with 'Maximum number of jobs already in queue for user' with no jobs already queued

ZStorkey
Beginner

Hi,

I am running into an issue submitting jobs via qsub.

I am trying to submit a job to the queue, but I am getting an error saying that I have the maximum number of jobs already in the queue, as shown below. As I understand it, qstat returning no output means I have no jobs queued or currently running.

u211857@login-2:~$ qsub -I -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 -d .
qsub: submit error (Maximum number of jobs already in queue for user MSG=total number of current user's jobs exceeds the queue limit: user u211857@login-2.aidevcloud, queue batch)
u211857@login-2:~$ qstat
u211857@login-2:~$

The output above is when trying to queue basic interactive session, but this seems to be happening regardless of what node or type of session I request.

This has only happened recently, before I was able to queue jobs without an issue.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZStorkey
Beginner

Whatever the cause, this issue seems to have resolved itself without any action from me. I am no longer having any issue queueing jobs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZStorkey
Beginner

Whatever the cause, this issue seems to have resolved itself without any action from me. I am no longer having any issue queueing jobs.

0 Kudos