Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1652 Discussions

walltime limited to max 00:20:00 with qsub

fcharras
Beginner

Hi

I try to access a gpu node with qsub but I can't input a walltime more than "00:20:00" for an interactive session.

I need the gpu access to test software I'm experimenting interactively for a project at the intel CoE.

I need interactive access for longer time on gpu node, so I can easily synchronize code and scripts or type ipython commands, without going through the hassle of starting and setting the node up every time.

My co-worker @ogrisel seems to be able to input arbitrary walltimes. Could my account be upgraded too please ?

Thank you

fcharras

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi fcharras,

I've updated your account, your default Walltime should now be 1 hour and you should be able to set it to 8 hours max. Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VaradJ_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please let us know whether you are using Intel DevCloud for oneAPI or Intel DevCloud for the Edge or Intel DevCloud for FPGA ?

Also, If you are using Intel DevCloud for oneAPI can you share the exact steps with which you are connecting to devcloud and the command you are using to get a gpu compute node on devcloud.

Thank You!

Regards

Varad

0 Kudos
fcharras
Beginner

I'm using Intel DevCloud for the Edge . I open a terminal in the jupyter web interface, than I use the command

pbsnodes

to look for nodes with a discrete GPU. and then

qsub -I -l nodes=some-node,walltime=05:00:00

so start an interactive session on the node (here, the session is limited to 5hrs)

But I can't register more than 20 minuts now, anything more than

qsub -I -l nodes=some-node,walltime=00:20:00

and qsub rejects the command.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi fcharras,

I've updated your account, your default Walltime should now be 1 hour and you should be able to set it to 8 hours max. Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
fcharras
Beginner

It works thanks a lot @JesusE_Intel

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Great! If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos