Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Cannot Download Intel® Distribution for Python 2020

Kaya__Gokhan
Beginner

Hi, 

I successfully registered and requested to download Intel® Distribution for Python 2020 for Macos. I received an email containing a download link. Once I click the download link it redirects me to a page which has the following text:

"Thank you for registering for Intel® Distribution for Python.
Please check your email for instructions to download your product. Note that this may take up to two business days. If you have any questions please refer to our support page."

And, I wait wait wait... Nothing happens. 

I tried different bowsers, disabled adblocker etc etc... I couldn't solve this problem. Anyone facing the same problem? Any idea? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adweidh_Intel

Hi Kaya,

Thanks for reaching out to us !!

As an alternative, could you please try to install Intel Distribution for Python in your MAC OS via conda environment ? Please follow the below steps :

Step 1: Create a virtual environment in Anaconda with required Intel Distribution for python. For that, You need at least conda 4.1.11, so first update your conda using :  

conda update conda

To get Intel packages over default packages, add the Intel channel as follows :   

conda config --add channels intel

To install the latest full Intel python distribution :

conda create -n idp intelpython3_full python=3

Step 2: Activate your virtual environment with  

conda activate idp

Step 3: Now, you have the virtual environment with intel-python installed.

Please feel free to reach us in case of any issues/queries.

0 Kudos
Kaya__Gokhan
Beginner

Ok. Thanks.Your instructions helped but I would prefer the non-virtual env version. Anyways. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Adweidh_Intel

HI Kaya,

We are forwarding this case to concerned team, they will get back to you at the earliest.

Meanwhile you can resume your work with conda environment.

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Kaya, 

This is Ying from Intel python support team. I send you a private message. Hope it can help resolve the problem. 

Please feel free to log into  https://registrationcenter.intel.com/regcenter/register.aspx  and see if you can see the product in your product list and download it there.  

Thanks

Ying 

0 Kudos
Ahmed__Kaifi
Beginner

HI,

I am facing problem while downloading " Distribution for Python".

I've already registered for Registration Center.

Got an email link , but while clicking getting an error page.

" https://registrationcenter.intel.com/error.aspx?err=6600&pass=yes"

Please help me resolving this issue..

Thanking You

Kaifi Ahmed

IoT Engineer

0 Kudos