Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Docker Containers for the Intel® Distribution for Python*

DavidLiu
Employee

Docker containers with the Intel® Distribution for Python* have been released.  

More information on the containers is available at this link, along with instructions on how to use them.

The DockerHub images can be found here.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi David,

I think it would be great to put this information in a Sticky. This way, the info will be easily visible for anybody that enters this forum. It is very important and useful info. :)

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi David,

The following link is an example of a sticky (not sure whether Sticky is the right name): Intel® Distribution for Python 2017 Update 2 accelerates five key areas for impressive performance gains 

0 Kudos
DavidLiu
Employee

gaston-hillar wrote:

Hi David,

I think it would be great to put this information in a Sticky. This way, the info will be easily visible for anybody that enters this forum. It is very important and useful info. :)

I've pinned the post as a sticky in the main forum.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

David,

Cool! I do believe it will help others that read this forum. :)

0 Kudos
Han__Sang
Beginner

So is this docker image just running a python interpreter? You could just distribute a fat binary and that would normally suffice, I don't think you also need to ship the entire operating system and build environment along with it.

0 Kudos
Robert_C_Intel
Employee

Sang,

Fat binary normally means multi-architecture support in a single binary (e.g. x86 & arm). Do you mean static binary? We are repackaging intel python as a docker container, and include python packages that load shared libraries.

The build environment is not included. For example gcc is not in the container. Because it is a python interpreter, it is difficult to predict what people will do with the container so we provide a simple example and Dockerfiles so users can customize to their needs.

Robert

0 Kudos
Randy_M_1
Beginner

This is super helpful!  Thank you for Dockerizing Intel Python guys.

Question: Does this container support Intel Xeon Phi KNL x200 processor?  Or do I need to declare any environment variables to enable Intel Python to use all 64-cores?

Thanks!

0 Kudos