Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Install Spyder

Krol__Jacq
Beginner

I have installed IntelPython3 (3.7.3) on windows. When installing conda install spyder an error occurred. 

ERROR conda.core.link:_execute_actions(339): An error occurred while installing package 'defaults::babel-2.7.0-py_0'.
CondaError: Cannot link a source that does not exist. D:\python\intelpython3\Scripts\conda.exe
Running `conda clean --packages` may resolve your problem.
Attempting to roll back.

CondaError: Cannot link a source that does not exist. D:\python\intelpython3\Scripts\conda.exe
Running `conda clean --packages` may resolve your problem.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Krol__Jacq
Beginner

I solved the original problem by first installing tqdm, then babel. But when I then install spyder Irun into a new problem. The spyder files downloaded have type .conda instead of the usual type tar.bz2, maybe that causes the issue shown below.

Downloading and Extracting Packages
spyder-3.3.2         | 2.2 MB    | ############################################################################ | 100%
spyder-kernels-0.2.4 | 68 KB     | ############################################################################ | 100%
parso-0.2.0          | 113 KB    | ############################################################################ | 100%
jedi-0.12.0          | 213 KB    | ############################################################################ | 100%

InvalidArchiveError('Error with archive D:\\python\\intelpython3\\pkgs\\spyder-3.3.2-py36_0.conda.  You probably need to delete and re-download or re-create this file.  Message from libarchive was:\n\nCan\'t initialize filter; unable to run program "zstd -d -qq" (errno=22, retcode=-30, archive_p=1736803799120)',)
InvalidArchiveError('Error with archive D:\\python\\intelpython3\\pkgs\\spyder-kernels-0.2.4-py36_0.conda.  You probably need to delete and re-download or re-create this file.  Message from libarchive was:\n\nCan\'t initialize filter; unable to run program "zstd -d -qq" (errno=22, retcode=-30, archive_p=1736803799120)',)

0 Kudos