Intel® Distribution for Python*
Support and discussions for achieving faster Python* applications and core computational packages.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
371 Discussions

Installing Packages where some of Subspackages are already installed

brittany_a_
Beginner

I downloaded the beta today and am trying to install the thinkx module using pip (its found on pypi here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/thinkx/1.1.2)  It uses scipy, numpy, pandas, mathplotlib.  However the module uses scipy 0.18 and it  keeps wanting to upgrade the scipy version I have. I have the .py files for the submodules not installed. Is there any other way I can get around this?

My python is in PATH, and I followed instructions.  I have no trouble running tests for the included modules.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gaston-hillar
Black Belt

Hi Brittany,

This issue in the beta version seems to be solved in the latest available version.

I had to work with the thinkx module and the installation worked without issues in Intel Distribution for Python 2017 Update 2

The following are the results of installing thinkx with pip:

Building wheels for collected packages: thinkx, markdown
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for thinkx ... done
  Stored in directory: C:\Users\gaston\AppData\Local\pip\Cache\wheels\18\52\1f\0234215f864567ceb7de87431093ae565de2cf00ebf5fd8471
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for markdown ... done
  Stored in directory: C:\Users\gaston\AppData\Local\pip\Cache\wheels\85\a7\08\33ee5cd488d0365d8bed79d1d4e5c28dd3fbfc7f6d0ad4bb09
Successfully built thinkx markdown
Installing collected packages: markdown, thinkx
Successfully installed markdown-2.6.8 thinkx-1.1.2