Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Intel Realsense Volume Measurement

JosephLeyva
Beginner

Hi, I've been working on trying to measure the volume of objects by using the D435 Camera. My question is how can I accomplish this task and what is the best setup of the camera in order to have the most accuracy possible?

I am developing a script on Python to work with the PointClouds extracted from the captures of the camera and then create a mesh to calculate the volume (I substract the volume of the mesh with the object and the volume without the object to have as ROI only the object), but the results are far away from the ground truth volume

Also I am using only one camera, but I checked some implementations of using various cameras placed strategically and with certain distance and angle differences to take all the volumetric capture

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

This forum primarily supports queries related to Intel Distribution for Python. Please submit RealSense queries here: https://support.intelrealsense.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We will not be monitoring this thread further.

Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos