Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Matplotlib Tests Fail

Jason_W_3
Beginner

Hi All,

Is there a list of known test failures and errors anywhere for packages that are a part of the Intel Python distro? I installed Intel Python and ran the matplotlib test suite and got some failures and errors which leads me to believe there may be others and it would be nice to know what they are in case any of us rely on those features for development.

If such documentation doesn't exist, could we make a sticky where we list them, perhaps by OS?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abarb
Beginner

matplotlib backend default is wrong. For example, I just set the backend to WXpython and everythings Works.

0 Kudos
Robert_C_Intel
Employee

Known issues are here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-python-known-issues

It will only tell you that there were unittest failures for matplotlib. In general, we compare the results to other distributions like Anaconda and ignore failures that happen elsewhere.

We are using the webagg backend, which requires a browser. For the gold release, we are going to follow Anaconda and use qt.

0 Kudos
abarb
Beginner

Robert Cohn, when you will fix the problem of update?

The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:

bzip2:             1.0.6-intel_py27_2    [intel vc9] --> 1.0.6-intel_py2.7_1  [intel]
    freetype2:         2.6-intel_py27_2      [intel vc9] --> 2.6-intel_py2.7_1    [intel]
    hdf5:              1.8.16-intel_py27_2   [intel vc9] --> 1.8.16-intel_py2.7_1 [intel]
    icc_rt:            14.1.5-intel_py27_2   [intel    ] --> 14.1.5-intel_py2.7_1 [intel]
    libpng:            1.6.18-intel_2        [intel    ] --> 1.6.18-intel_py2.7_1 [intel]
    llvm:              3.7.0-intel_2         [intel    ] --> 3.6.2-intel_py2.7_1  [intel]
    python:            2.7.11-intel_py27_2   [intel    ] --> 2.7.11-intel_py2.7_1 [intel] THIS PROBLEM.

Robert Cohn (Intel) wrote:

Known issues are here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-python-known-issues

It will only tell you that there were unittest failures for matplotlib. In general, we compare the results to other distributions like Anaconda and ignore failures that happen elsewhere.

We are using the webagg backend, which requires a browser. For the gold release, we are going to follow Anaconda and use qt.

0 Kudos
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

Andre,

Fixing the updating problem requires a couple steps to be completed, including updating conda to the latest (4.1.6 now) and running a small python script to patch metadata files in your installation.

I will send you an email with the details.

Todd

0 Kudos
abarb
Beginner

Todd, thanks for explaining how update without DOWngrade the IntelPython package:

conda install conda=4.1.6 python=2.7.11=intel_py27_2

But there is still a package that conda want downgrade, the llvm

Todd T. (Intel) wrote:

Andre,

Fixing the updating problem requires a couple steps to be completed, including updating conda to the latest (4.1.6 now) and running a small python script to patch metadata files in your installation.

I will send you an email with the details.

Todd

0 Kudos