Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Need Clarification - APT GET Intel Python2

Mounagurusamy__Guruv

Hi,

I have installed Mkl and Intel Python 2 using APT GET method, Do I need to install the individual libs like Intel TBB , pyDAAL or Installing Intel Python2 would add all the libs. Can you please clarify me this.

Thanks

Guru

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Guru,

Installing the Intel(R) Distribution for Python should also install all required performance library packages, such as Intel(R) MKL, Intel(R) TBB, and Intel(R) DAAL. You can use "conda list" to see what packages are in your python environment. If you need a performance library that you do not see installed, you can use conda to install it from our online channel.

Best, Todd

0 Kudos
Mounagurusamy__Guruv

Thanks Todd, Can you please clarify me the following

1) I have two Python2.7 versions, how to activate Intel Python2 ? Since I am using OpenCV Python V3.4(SSD Mobilenet Model) for DL 

2) Is there any specific libs, I need to import in order to activate MKL or Other Intel Libs

3) As I am using i3 8 gen, How Can I compare the performance from previous benchmarks??

Meaning: In 8 gen i3, I am experimenting "person" detection / "pet" detection for a home based surveillance solution, using 1) OpenCV 3.4 Python DL Libs, 2) Python2.7, 3)Ubuntu 16.04, the live video Inputs are taken from two IP Cameras.

Performance Benchmark: About 98% to 99% of the CPU cores are utilized(all 4 Cores), Is it possible to improve the performance with Intel Python2?

Thanks

Guru

0 Kudos