Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.
424 Discussions

Numba error while installing intelpython2

Sebastian
Beginner

Dear all,

I used intelpython for quite a while without issue. 

However, I run into trouble with installation of the latest intelpython2 version. I install the software via apt-get and run into the following error: 

dpkg: error processing package intelpython2 (--configure):

subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Errors were encountered while processing:

intelpython2

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I checked the error and it's a numba test that fails. So it's not an issue with the installation but rather with the subsequent testing.

Preparing to unpack .../intelpython2_2018.2.037_amd64.deb ...

preinstall: install deb package..

Unpacking intelpython2 (2018.2.037) ...

Setting up intelpython2 (2018.2.037) ...

Compiling ./lib/python2.7/site-packages/numba/tests/annotation_usecases.py ...

File "./lib/python2.7/site-packages/numba/tests/annotation_usecases.py", line 12

def __init__(self, v: int):

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Compiling ./pkgs/numba-0.36.2-np114py27_intel_2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numba/tests/annotation_usecases.py ...

File "./pkgs/numba-0.36.2-np114py27_intel_2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numba/tests/annotation_usecases.py", line 12

def __init__(self, v: int):

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I can circumvent the error by commenting the two functions in the corresponding file. Then I'm just left with the error: 

Warning: no compatible installation of ncurses found. Some python packages might not work.

The whole procedure doesn't feel right and the test should run fine. Can you please help me solving this issue?

Thank you very much!
Sebastian 

0 Kudos
0 Replies