Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Python Distribution 2020

poveda__andres_felip

Hi everybody:

I have a doubt about the versions of the Intel distributions, when I get the distributions with conda command:

conda create -n idp intelpython3_full python=3

I have no problems to work with that enviroment but when I download the distribution from the website and I try to install it using

cmd /c setup_intel_python

I have a lot of problems and I can't update the packages, because the mkl package is from an unknown source. 

I also noticed that using the first method the python version is diffent from the python downloaded from the website. 

Am I installing the downladed version in the wrong way? Are the distributions different (versions)? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Adweidh_Intel

Hi Poveda,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please confirm whether you are trying to download Intel distribution for python from below link ? Also kindly share the OS details.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/distribution-for-python/choose-download

0 Kudos
poveda__andres_felip

Hi Thanks for the reply, 

Yes, this is the link where I downloaded the Intel Distribution, I'm using Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bits. 

0 Kudos
Adweidh_Intel

Hi Poveda,

Thanks for bringing up this.We were able to reproduce the same issue, we are forwarding this case with concerned team.

0 Kudos
poveda__andres_felip

Thanks for the reply, I would like to know about is there any difference between the packages when I get them using the conda command and the package downloaded from Intel website?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
James_S
Employee

Hi Poveda,

Sorry for the late reply. There should be no difference between the packages from conda and Intel website. I have  reproduced the issue and escalated to the eng team. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
poveda__andres_felip

Si, Zhuowei (Intel) wrote:

Hi Poveda,

Sorry for the late reply. There should be no difference between the packages from conda and Intel website. I have  reproduced the issue and escalated to the eng team. Thanks. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
James_S
Employee

Dear Customer, the issue shall be already fixed, could you please try again and let me know if it is OK now? Thank you!

0 Kudos