Intel® Distribution for Python*
Support and discussions for achieving faster Python* applications and core computational packages.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Python Distribution 2020

poveda__andres_felip

Hi everybody:

I have a doubt about the versions of the Intel distributions, when I get the distributions with conda command:

conda create -n idp intelpython3_full python=3

I have no problems to work with that enviroment but when I download the distribution from the website and I try to install it using

cmd /c setup_intel_python

I have a lot of problems and I can't update the packages, because the mkl package is from an unknown source. 

I also noticed that using the first method the python version is diffent from the python downloaded from the website. 

Am I installing the downladed version in the wrong way? Are the distributions different (versions)? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Adweidh_Intel

Hi Poveda,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please confirm whether you are trying to download Intel distribution for python from below link ? Also kindly share the OS details.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/distribution-for-python/choose-download

poveda__andres_felip

Hi Thanks for the reply, 

Yes, this is the link where I downloaded the Intel Distribution, I'm using Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bits. 

Adweidh_Intel

Hi Poveda,

Thanks for bringing up this.We were able to reproduce the same issue, we are forwarding this case with concerned team.

poveda__andres_felip

Thanks for the reply, I would like to know about is there any difference between the packages when I get them using the conda command and the package downloaded from Intel website?

Thanks. 

James_S
Employee

Hi Poveda,

Sorry for the late reply. There should be no difference between the packages from conda and Intel website. I have  reproduced the issue and escalated to the eng team. Thanks. 

poveda__andres_felip

Si, Zhuowei (Intel) wrote:

Hi Poveda,

Sorry for the late reply. There should be no difference between the packages from conda and Intel website. I have  reproduced the issue and escalated to the eng team. Thanks. 

Thanks for your help.

James_S
Employee

Dear Customer, the issue shall be already fixed, could you please try again and let me know if it is OK now? Thank you!