Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.
424 Discussions

Request newer versions of numpy & scipy

DManowitz
Novice

The most recent versions of numpy and scipy on the intel conda channel are 1.21.4 and 1.7.3, respectively.  However, The most recent versions of numpy and scipy are 1.23.5 and 1.9.3, respectively.  I would like to request that Intel make several more recent versions of these libraries available with recent MKL support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Aditya18

Hi,

I hope you understand the plan for Intel-NumPy and Intel-Scipy. As I mentioned, Before releasing any new version of any library of Intel Python, we have to make sure that all other libraries are also compatible with the new version. So currently Intel-numpy 1.22.3 and intel-scipy 1.7.3 are already released as part of Intel Distribution for Python 2023.0

Thanks for notifying us regarding this. Closing the ticket now. If you are okay with the information, Please accept any of the comments as a Solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We were able to reproduce the issue. We are checking on this internally, will let you know the updates soon.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Aditya18

Hi,

Thanks for reporting it. While we discuss it internally, just wanted to know, is there a blocker in your workload due to these not up to date oneMKL numpy/scipy or any more details you want to share in this regard?

0 Kudos
DManowitz
Novice

No, this is not a blocker for me at the moment.  I just wanted to make sure it was on your radar.

0 Kudos
Aditya18

Yes, right. I have notified the Intel Python team about this. I'll also let you know about the plan soon.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Aditya18

Hi,

All these python core libraries have to go with Intel Distribution for Python(IDP). IDP 2023.0 just released now. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/distribution-for-python-release-notes.html

It will have Intel-numpy 1.22.3 and intel-scipy 1.7.3 in conda(linux and macOS) . For Windows also, it's coming soon.

Before releasing all the new versions, we have to make sure that other components especially for GPU part(like dppn, dpctl, and numba-dpex) of Intel Distribution for Python are compatible among each other.

Currently, GPU components are not compatible with Intel-numpy 1.23. Once GPU libraries become compatible, all the new versions will be released.

0 Kudos
Aditya18

Hi,

I hope you understand the plan for Intel-NumPy and Intel-Scipy. As I mentioned, Before releasing any new version of any library of Intel Python, we have to make sure that all other libraries are also compatible with the new version. So currently Intel-numpy 1.22.3 and intel-scipy 1.7.3 are already released as part of Intel Distribution for Python 2023.0

Thanks for notifying us regarding this. Closing the ticket now. If you are okay with the information, Please accept any of the comments as a Solution.

0 Kudos