Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

impi-rt package is removed from anaconda cloud?

Kim__Danny
Beginner

I see 'impi-rt' package is gone from intel channel of Anaconda Cloud.

Is there update regarding this? replacement for this package?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I regret to inform you that we had a large number of packages from the Intel channel an anaconda.org deleted. We have restored our most recent release (2020.0 with python 3.7) and are working to restore the rest of the files.

We should have our most recent python 3.6 packages restored within a couple of hours and we will continue working until all packages are restored.

We appreciate your patience while we recover from this.

Todd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please let us know the OS you are trying out.

We have recreated the issue in a Linux machine.We will inform the concerned team regarding this.

0 Kudos
Kim__Danny
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. 
I am using Windows subsystem of Linux(WSL) on windows. 

But I do not think this is related to OS at all. Because its conda package and what I am trying to do is just 

"conda install -c intel impi-rt"

As I mentioned in the original post, the package is no longer available on anaconda cloud.

The post right under mine, also had similar issue(no package available all the sudden), and it seems it was web browsing problem.

Can it be same issue for impi-rt?

0 Kudos
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I regret to inform you that we had a large number of packages from the Intel channel an anaconda.org deleted. We have restored our most recent release (2020.0 with python 3.7) and are working to restore the rest of the files.

We should have our most recent python 3.6 packages restored within a couple of hours and we will continue working until all packages are restored.

We appreciate your patience while we recover from this.

Todd

0 Kudos
Madden__Paul
Beginner

Hi Todd,

Thanks for acknowledging this issue and letting us know that a fix is in the works. The Intel runtimes in the "intel" channel, including those for slightly older compiler versions, are extremely valuable to us. I also reported this issue (in the wrong forum, it's clear to me now) here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler/topic/848547.

paul

0 Kudos
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

Paul,

We have restored all packages from 2018.0.3 through 2020.0. Our libraries for 2018.0.3 should be binary compatible with software built with any 2018* version, so you should have what you need if you are using 2018 libraries.

Please let me know if there are any problems that force you to use a version older than 2018.0.3.

Generally, we recommend you move to newer versions of the compiler and libraries because you will see performance enhancements, but we understand that your business requirements can make that difficult.

Best, Todd

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi Kim,

Could you please confirm whether your issue got resolved.

0 Kudos
Kim__Danny
Beginner

Hi Athira,

It is resolved! 

I am not sure whether there is some kind of button that I should click to make this post resolved or not. 

Please let me know if there is one.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation.

We are closing this thread. Please feel free to raise a new thread if you face any further issues.

0 Kudos