Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

missing dll : libifcoremd.dll

tlob__tolby
Beginner

Hello !

I am currently using a package in Python that uses the solution from this stackoverflowpost :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15457786/ctrl-c-crashes-python-after-importing-scipy-stats

The hack recquires that I have 2 dll into the numpy core folder : libmmd.dll and libifcoremd.dll

With a bit of research, I found the libmmd.dll in my Programmes Files (x86)/Common Files/Intel/Shared Libraries/redist/Intel64/Compiler folder

However, I am unable to find the libifcoremd.dll file on my own.

If you know its standard location on Windows 10, x64 that would be a great help !

Thank you very much !

PS: There is a large number of websites where you seem to be able to download this dll, but they all look very shady and I'm pretty sure I'll download a virus. Does Intel have an official webpage that stores all its dlls ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adweidh_Intel

Hi Tlob,

Thanks for reaching out to us, we are checking with our experts, will get back to you soon.

0 Kudos
Adweidh_Intel

Hi Tlob,

Are you using intel distribution of python ? If so kindly share the version details.

0 Kudos
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

Hello @tlob, tolby,

I had a look at the stackoverflow post and before we dig into providing you an official libifcoremd.dll, I am more concerned if you are able to reproduce that issue that, i.e can you crash the Python interpreter in IDP with the code shared there?

If yes, please show us your error logs and we will investigate deeper. The issue raised on Stackoverflow is for generic Python (most likely).

Please also kindly provide us full version details of the package you are using and details about your OS (Windows version)

Thanks,

Shailen

0 Kudos