Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

tensorflow fails to import on EL7

Orion_P_
New Contributor I

We have a conda environment using the Intel conda channel.  With tensorflow version 1.9.0-py36_0 we get:

$ python
Python 3.6.3 |Intel Corporation| (default, May  4 2018, 04:22:28)
[GCC 4.8.2 20140120 (Red Hat 4.8.2-15)] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
Intel(R) Distribution for Python is brought to you by Intel Corporation.
Please check out: https://software.intel.com/en-us/python-distribution
>>> import tensorflow
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/anaconda/envs/scipy36-intel/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/pywrap_tensorflow.py", line 58, in <module>
    from tensorflow.python.pywrap_tensorflow_internal import *
  File "/opt/anaconda/envs/scipy36-intel/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py", line 28, in <module>
    _pywrap_tensorflow_internal = swig_import_helper()
  File "/opt/anaconda/envs/scipy36-intel/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py", line 24, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_pywrap_tensorflow_internal', fp, pathname, description)
  File "/opt/anaconda/envs/scipy36-intel/lib/python3.6/imp.py", line 243, in load_module
    return load_dynamic(name, filename, file)
  File "/opt/anaconda/envs/scipy36-intel/lib/python3.6/imp.py", line 343, in load_dynamic
    return _load(spec)
ImportError: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.23' not found (required by /opt/anaconda/envs/scipy36-intel/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/_pywrap_tensorflow_internal.so)

It appears that the tensorflow package was built on a newer version of Linux?  Can this be fixed please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Orion_P_
New Contributor I

It appears that this was fixed with version 1.11.0 and later.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Orion_P_
New Contributor I

It appears that this was fixed with version 1.11.0 and later.

0 Kudos