Intel® Distribution for Python*
Support and discussions for achieving faster Python* applications and core computational packages.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
371 Discussions

xyz coordinates, with intel D435 Python, openCV,realsense

VeganWolff
Beginner

Hi
I am new to all of this, so sorry in advance.

I have a school project where the camera will be mounted on a robot arm, with three linear actuators making it able to move the camera in all XYZ directions. 

I have written a code for detecting an object,  and are receiving the distance with depth_frame.get_distance(). 

But what if I would like to receive the distance in each direction to the object ex. x =  0.1 m, y =0.05 m and z =0.2 m?

I know that this question has been asked many times before, and I have tried to look after a solution, but not really found a proper one. 

Does anyone have an idea of how to tackle this problem or ideas?

Camera Intel D435 
written in Python with openCV,realsense2

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Since the query is related to RealSense, please raise the issue in the below link

https://support.intelrealsense.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Could you please let us know whether we can close this thread?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Since the query is related to RealSense, please raise the issue in the below link

https://support.intelrealsense.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Could you please let us know whether we can close this thread?

View solution in original post

VeganWolff
Beginner

Hi! @AthiralM_Intel and thank you.
yes, I had a feeling that this thread would end up in the wrong place. 
Thank you for guiding me to the correct.

Yes, you could close the thread. 
Since I'm a rookie, Let me know if there is something I need to do, to make it possible for you to close it

AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. We would discontinue monitoring this issue, please raise a new thread if you have further issues.