Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

A problem about cmake.

Hiiragi_Iori
Beginner

I have made a .so file to the project object_detection_demo_ssd_async, but it seems that the CMakeLists includes all the samples. 

I don't know much about cmake, but I want to konw how to modify the CMakeLists.txt file to add my .so file to the object_detection_demo_ssd_async project.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Hiiragi Iori,

Since you are talking about an *.so you are using Linux. I assume that you are trying to modify object_detection_demo_ssd_async to call functions from your *.so ? What is this *.so for ?

In any case, if you want to modify CMakeLists.txt the easiest thing to do would be to create the *.so from a CMakeLists.txt, you would follow steps similar to stackoverflow cmake create a shared object .

As far as where to make these changes, the best place would be inference_engine/samples/CMakeLists.txt . Just put your built so here:

set (CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${IE_MAIN_SAMPLES_DIR}/${BIN_FOLDER}/${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}/lib)

And your sample should find it.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Hiiragi Iori,

Since you are talking about an *.so you are using Linux. I assume that you are trying to modify object_detection_demo_ssd_async to call functions from your *.so ? What is this *.so for ?

In any case, if you want to modify CMakeLists.txt the easiest thing to do would be to create the *.so from a CMakeLists.txt, you would follow steps similar to stackoverflow cmake create a shared object .

As far as where to make these changes, the best place would be inference_engine/samples/CMakeLists.txt . Just put your built so here:

set (CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${IE_MAIN_SAMPLES_DIR}/${BIN_FOLDER}/${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}/lib)

And your sample should find it.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos