Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6473 Discussions

Abort was called at 347 line in file: /opt/src/opencl/shared/source/os_interface/linux/drm_neo.cpp

SandeshKum_S_Intel

The following issue occurs while trying to run OpenVINO based inference on GPU device in Alder Lake platform.

Abort was called at 347 line in file:
/opt/src/opencl/shared/source/os_interface/linux/drm_neo.cpp

Please find the below system details:

Kernel: 5.17.0-051700-generic x86_64
Distro: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (Focal Fossa)
CPU: 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700E
Graphics: Device-1: Intel driver: i915 v: kernel

Compute Runtime Version: intel-opencl-icd/now 22.35.24055+i815~u20.04 amd64[installed,local]

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Aznie_Intel

Hi SandeshKum_S_Intel,

Thanks for reaching out.

I believe the issue is not related to OpenVINO and might be due to missing firmware in your system. The same issue was reported in compute-runtime Github repo and the issue is resolved by updating the Linux firmware. You may check out this GitHub repo for more details:

https://github.com/intel/compute-runtime/issues/566

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
SandeshKum_S_Intel

Thanks for the response @Aznie_Intel 

Is ubuntu 20.04 and kernel 5.17 supported for using GPU/OpenCL drivers on ADL systems ?

Can you provide any documentation for updating the Linux firmware ?

0 Kudos
Aznie_Intel

Hi SandeshKum_S_Intel,

Unfortunately, OpenCL and Linux firmware is not part of the OpenVINO toolkit. I would suggest you post your question in compute-runtime Github repo for further information.

Meanwhile, Ubuntu 20.04 and kernel 5.17 is a compatible operating system with OpenVINO. You may refer to our System Requirement.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
Aznie_Intel

Hi SandeshKum_S_Intel,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided information. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos